- Ubuntu SD Cards With The Eee PC
The Ubuntu Eee project has just announced they will be selling SD cards pre-loaded with the latest version of Eee Ubuntu. This SD card can then be inserted into the Eee PC and you can run Eee Ubuntu right off of it. This is a great idea, but it would be even better if the cards were sold in stores along with the Eee PC.
- Test Bench: Flash-based laptops
- The Do-Good Imperative
Untangle 5.3.0, LinuxConsole 1.0.2008, GoblinX 2.7, and Elive 1.7.10 (development) released.
- Elive 1.7.10 development released
- The Dragon Roars: Myah OS 3.0 KDE Edition Review
In the week or so I have had Dragon running, it has never faltered – no bugs in the software, no crashes or freezes – so Myah OS scores highly in terms of system stability.
- Distinctively Draco
Draco GNU/Linux is a unique Linux distribution based on Slackware but with a package management system created by NetBSD. It is currently developed by Norwegian Ole Andre Rodlie with a main aim of creating a lightweight and simple desktop operating system.
- PCLinuxOS Magazine July 2008 Released
- X.Org 7.4, Mesa 7.1 In Ubuntu 8.10
When it comes to binary drivers, the ATI and NVIDIA drivers are both packaged and found within Ubuntu’s package repository. On the ATI side there is Catalyst 8.6 and on the NVIDIA side there are four different drivers — this is because NVIDIA and ATI/AMD take different approaches to supporting their older hardware.
- Notes from the Field: Mandriva 2009 KDE Alpha 2
- 25 Best GIMPed Images
GIMP is an amazing image editing software that allows people with limitless imagination create extraordinary images out of ordinary photos. To let you see what I mean, I have here a collection of some of the most beautiful and sometimes funny GIMPed images. I hope you’ll enjoy this one as much as I do.
- 10 KDE Audio/Video Players
- 10 Best KDE Applications – Reloaded
- Beyond the Rumors of KDE 4.1′s Folder View
- Top Ten Worst Uses for Windows
- Ten More Stupid Uses for Windows
- Yahoo rejects joint-bid for search business by Icahn and Microsoft