11.19.08

AstroTurfers Pretend to be GNU/Linux Users?

Posted in Site News at 11:46 am by Dr. Roy Schestowitz

“Mind Control: To control mental output you have to control mental input. Take control of the channels by which developers receive information, then they can only think about the things you tell them. Thus, you control mindshare!”

Microsoft, internal document [PDF]

Appended below is the IRC log from just minutes ago. As regular readers are probably aware, our reader “twitter” has abusive stalkers (‘witch hunters’) in this Web site. They followed his footsteps all the way from Slashdot just to discredit him personally wherever he goes, whatever he does. Speaking from experience, “twitter” is intimately aware of Microsoft’s dirty secrets and he talks about it in public.

The log below (particularly the end) is self explanatory, but the summary is that people who go under names like “Gentoo user” are actually Windows users and they are busily attacking critics of Microsoft. The name is probably supposed to lend them credibility (Gentoo is, after all, a hardcore distribution) and also encourage people to explore distributions that will lead to negative judgment of GNU/Linux.

trmanco http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2008/11/19/no… Nov 19 15:32
schestowitz Yay! Google can shove clocks and weather in my eyes. :-) Well, at least they open-sourced it. Nov 19 15:32
trmanco :-P Nov 19 15:32
twitter Ick, China to buy GM.  They could make it even more corrupt than it is already. Nov 19 15:33
schestowitz Apache still eats Microsoft’s lunch. Nov 19 15:34
schestowitz 1.8 compared to 1.1 Nov 19 15:34
schestowitz Remember that Google’s is an Apache fork. Nov 19 15:34
twitter That lead is going to get bigger, despite the FUD M$ spews. Nov 19 15:35
twitter WAMP is insane. Nov 19 15:35
schestowitz That’s what MS is hoping. It would be interesting to see how Apache/Linux does against Apache/Windows Nov 19 15:36
schestowitz They keynoted ApacheCon recently. RMS is against it and there’s plan to discourage people from attending such events. Nov 19 15:37
schestowitz How can one give Microsoft such a spot when it’s actively threatening to sue? Nov 19 15:37
schestowitz Re: OSCON, PJ said the same. Nov 19 15:37
schestowitz Microsoft wants the world to believe that there are two Microsofts: good cop and bad cop. Nov 19 15:38
twitter M$ does this on purpose.  It destroys the ability of their “competitors” to communicate. Nov 19 15:38
twitter They stack the con panel and shove M$ into it.  This destroys the conference.  What’s left is M$ only. Nov 19 15:38
twitter Did you see this lovely example of what the M$ world enables?  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11/19/d… Nov 19 15:39
schestowitz twitter: yes, Tim O’Reilly had to apologise for saying something negative about the convicted monopolist Nov 19 15:39
schestowitz [cause they sponsored his  event] Nov 19 15:39
schestowitz They gag critics this way. I saw it with Krill. Nov 19 15:39
twitter More reason to avoid M$ money. Nov 19 15:39
schestowitz As you say, people like me are already repelled slightly … wrt Apache Nov 19 15:40
schestowitz As soon as they defend Microsoft I feel like I need to get a puke pouch. Nov 19 15:40
trmanco schestowitz, “Remember that Google’s is an Apache fork.” -> I forgot to mention this when I posted the link :-P Nov 19 15:41
schestowitz People from Apache confronted us in BN. They tried to defend selling out… Microsoft is pressuring many FOSS groups, consortia and LUGs. They try to stink up the place by attending. This IRC channel too used to have ‘cj’ (for Microsoft). Nov 19 15:41
schestowitz trmanco: Microsoft will surely spin this though as Apache not doing so well. Lies, damn lies, and stats, y’know… Nov 19 15:42
twitter I’m not too worried.  When things really go wrong, projects like Debian fork and everyone runs to the better fork. Nov 19 15:42
schestowitz That’s the stories they’ll tell uncritical journos anyway. Nov 19 15:43
twitter Stinking up conferences is an old practice.  I read about them doing this to Apple. Nov 19 15:43
schestowitz Wait until Microsoft tries to plant some people inside Debian [hypothetical]. Nov 19 15:43
twitter My trolls have already bragged about being Debian contributors. Nov 19 15:43
schestowitz That would ruin it. All they need to do is seed the project with an apologist or a village fool that will open up the door… like Alex Brown in ISO. Nov 19 15:43
schestowitz Mono too is entertaining Microsoft chaps. Nov 19 15:44
twitter I ignored it because the project’s commitment to freedom and organization are too strong to let M$ fuck it over. Nov 19 15:44
schestowitz Novell did this in India. Nov 19 15:44
schestowitz Hence the protests Nov 19 15:44
schestowitz Read the remarks from Anivar.. they excluded OpenOffice.org, Red Hat, etc. It was Novell stealing the show stealthily. Nov 19 15:45
schestowitz RMS approved what the guys did. Nov 19 15:45
twitter M$ can damage Debian by setting up arguments that waste time but M$ will fail before Debian does. Nov 19 15:45
schestowitz It’s claimed that they already do this in Ubuntu Nov 19 15:45
twitter They do it everywhere. Nov 19 15:46
schestowitz Requesting Silverlight, defending Mono’s presence, etc. I’m told this by people. Nov 19 15:46
twitter “Mind Control: To control mental output you to have to control mental input.  Take control of the channels by which developers receive information, then they can only think about the things you tell them.  Thus, you control mindshare!”   http://docs.google.com/Present?docid… Nov 19 15:47
twitter Everywhere developers meet, M$ will spew poison. Nov 19 15:47
schestowitz Yes, I know. Nov 19 15:47
schestowitz That’s a MUST-ATTEND talk at Microsoft. Nov 19 15:47
schestowitz The guy who wrote it said so. Nov 19 15:47
twitter M$ wastes untold billions of dollars pushing that kind of poison. Nov 19 15:48
schestowitz “Gentoo user” is one of your stalkers in BN Nov 19 15:49
schestowitz That ‘person’ never talks about the subjects at hand. Just ad hominem, IIRC. Nov 19 15:50
twitter yes.  They keep posting the same crap. Nov 19 15:50
twitter It’s spam. Nov 19 15:50
schestowitz Who goes by the Linux vanity name “Gentoo user” anyway? Nov 19 15:50
schestowitz And why Gentoo? To say “I’m hardcore 1337 *nix”? Nov 19 15:50
twitter For a while, while it was new and difficult, the M$ trolls were promoting gentoo. Nov 19 15:51
twitter There’s nothing like throwing a newbie to the something like that to sour them on the whole GNU/Linux experience for years. Nov 19 15:52
twitter The name choice may lend credibility for readers who know nothing, which is what M$ is interested in. Nov 19 15:53
twitter Anyone who knows anything quickly dumps Windows as a platform. Nov 19 15:54
twitter M$ is all about delaying that and staying relevant. Nov 19 15:54
twitter The trolls used to bug me about the name “twitter” too. Nov 19 15:56
twitter I chose it because that’s what I do to equipment to make it work well.  It turned out to be a good choice from the way the M$ people hear my posts like a gaggle of angry birds. Nov 19 15:58
twitter If Kennedy thinks someone at M$ hates him, Kennedy should watch my stuff sometimes.  :) Nov 19 16:00
trmanco Hey cool, Portuguese media promoting Ubuntu: http://ciberia.aeiou.pt/?st=10581 Nov 19 16:02
twitter M$FT, still under $20, and they will fall off the cliff with the rest of the market as the GWB administration has promised to sit on it’s hands instead of bailing out home owners.  LA Times had a good article on this. Nov 19 16:03
trmanco and some more: http://tek.sapo.pt/noticias/computadores/open_so… | http://tek.sapo.pt/noticias/computadores/ope… Nov 19 16:06
schestowitz Microsoft promoting Gentoo, eh? I think I know why. Nov 19 16:06
schestowitz Create some more bitter experiences… Nov 19 16:06
schestowitz twitter: I can check the logs to see what ‘Gentoo user’ runs. Nov 19 16:07
schestowitz [unless there's header spoofing] Nov 19 16:07
twitter that will be interesting. Nov 19 16:07
twitter here’s the article http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi… Nov 19 16:07
twitter Basically, Paulson has promised to do nothing and to ignore homeowner problems.  The stock market and economy will tank on that kind of news. Nov 19 16:08
schestowitz Hehe. Nov 19 16:10
schestowitz I just realised that Microsoft employed Gentoo’s founder. Take that thought further… Nov 19 16:10
schestowitz [sarcasm] What if Microsoft created and promoted the most difficult and frustrating Linux, then promoted it? Nov 19 16:11
twitter That may have happened but it backfired. Nov 19 16:11
twitter I have yet to try it out but I keep hearing good things about it and that people actually use it. Nov 19 16:13
twitter I like the Debian way better because most people only want to tweak one or two programs at a time. Nov 19 16:13
schestowitz Ha! Nov 19 16:15
schestowitz This is funny. Nov 19 16:15
schestowitz Gentoio user in November: Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz ┌─(roy@localhost Wed, 19 Nov 08)─—————————————— ——————─(/home/roy/Desktop)────┐ Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz └─(16:12 $)─> gunzip bo Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz boycottnovell.com-Nov-2008.gz       boycottnovell.com-Nov-2008.gz.part Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz └─(16:12 $)─> gunzip boycottnovell.com-Nov-2008.gz Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz └─(16:14 $)─> grep 12.10.219.36 boycottnovell.com-Nov-2008 Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 12.10.219.36 – - [03/Nov/2008:12:49:47 -0500] “GET /wp-content/themes/ocadia/sty Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz le.css HTTP/1.0″ 200 8903 “http://boycottnovell.com/category/irc-logs/” “Mozilla Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz .0.17″ Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 12.10.219.36 – - [03/Nov/2008:12:49:47 -0500] “GET /category/irc-logs/ HTTP/1.0″ Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 200 69745 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.17) Gec Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz ko/20080829 Firefox/2.0.0.17″ Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 12.10.219.36 – - [03/Nov/2008:12:49:51 -0500] “GET /wp-content/uploads/2008/11/9 Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 35815___mine__.jpg HTTP/1.0″ 200 17438 “http://boycottnovell.com/” “Mozilla/5.0 Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.17) Gecko/20080829 Firefox/2.0.0.17 Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 52151_abraham_lincoln.jpg HTTP/1.0″ 200 12788 “http://boycottnovell.com/” “Mozil Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz la/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.17) Gecko/20080829 Firefox/2 Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz .0.0.17″ Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 12.10.219.36 – - [03/Nov/2008:12:49:51 -0500] “GET / HTTP/1.0″ 200 99315 “http:/ Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz en-US; rv:1.8.1.17) Gecko/20080829 Firefox/2.0.0.17″ Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 12.10.219.36 – - [03/Nov/2008:12:49:51 -0500] “GET /wp-content/uploads/2008/11/j Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz onathan_20zuck.jpg HTTP/1.0″ 200 96877 “http://boycottnovell.com/” “Mozilla/5.0 Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 12.10.219.36 – - [03/Nov/2008:12:49:52 -0500] “GET /wp-content/uploads/2008/11/1 Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 016609_laundry.jpg HTTP/1.0″ 200 9346 “http://boycottnovell.com/” “Mozilla/5.0 ( Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.17 Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz That’s just a portion. Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz It’s always Windows. Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz Seems like your stalker “Gentoo user” has not much to do with GNU/Linux at all. Nov 19 16:17
schestowitz He came with this IP address several times this month. Nov 19 16:17
schestowitz I assume it’s a daily routine because there are gaps in the logs (probably dynamic IP) Nov 19 16:18

1. Gentoo User (and proud of it) said,

November 19, 2008 at 12:59 pm

*slaps head*

Well Roy, I’m sorry if not everyone can be as pure as you and your buddies. I do use Windows at work, which is where that IP you have comes from. Go on and check it against this post, you’ll see it’s the same one, because I doubt the corporate proxy IP address ever changes. If you see another IP with my handle on it, it’s my home DSL one, although I don’t remember posting from home or from my laptop. That’s where I happily run Gentoo. If you do find my home IP address you can probably stop by the Gentoo IRC forum and match it to my handle. You probably can’t miss it.

And there might be other people posting from behind this proxy, I don’t know. It’s a big company. But then you probably already know that.

As for your claims of my “stalking”, you must be confusing me with the other people who post evidence of twitter’s trolling time and time again. I’m sorry to disappoint you, but that’s not me. Of course when you’re as paranoid as you and your friends, I guess everyone who says anything you don’t like must be employed by Microsoft and actively out to get you.

Oh, and if I remember correctly, when I first posted on your blog I think I posted as “Slashdot User” or something like that, because that’s where I came from after seeing one of your buddy’s weird posts, but I changed that when I figured it would be disruptive. I had never heard of you before that point. Go ahead and check your logs again. In fact, why don’t you do another detailed post about everything I’ve ever posted here? That should be enlightening, if nothing else to prove that the worst thing I’ve done is ask you to clarify things you write, which you of course have never done. If I have made fun of your Chief Attacker in my comments it’s probably because he fully deserves it, considering he’s been a huge pain on Slashdot. He’s a perfect example of everything that I dislike about the “evangelism” of FOSS. The crass language, the sockpuppets, creative spelling, insults and laughable paranoia. But it was never my intention to badger you endlessly about your association to him, other people seem to be doing that quite successfully.

Note: comment arrived from a witch hunter that does not even use GNU/Linux.

2. Chris said,

November 19, 2008 at 1:15 pm

Oh Boy, poor poor twitter is being stalked by evil persons who dare to point out that he’s a well known troll … How could they dare?

Please gimme a break :D

And just cause this shouldn’t miss so everyone can make up ones own opinion:

What a lovely fellow …

November 19, 2008 at 1:19 pm

This isn’t about him, but more about the goose chase which involves stalkers that come up with smears and excuses.

If only you had spent more time focusing on the subject of the posts and not on people who comment on these posts…

4. Gentoo User (and proud of it) said,

November 19, 2008 at 1:25 pm

Roy, can you point me to an example of where I have “smeared” your friend?

Note: comment arrived from a witch hunter that does not even use GNU/Linux.

5. twitter said,

November 19, 2008 at 1:45 pm

The above smear speaks for itself, Windows User but you are right that more than one nym is being used here. I’m sure that Roy will add those to the list.

6. twitter said,

November 19, 2008 at 1:49 pm

It is probably worth linking the manufacturing abuse article here as proof of pattern. People who look at M$ and publish objectively are always hounded like this.

November 19, 2008 at 1:54 pm

Just watch all the ad hominem attacks chained to yesterday’s article. I guess this means that the message is hard to refute.

8. Gentoo User (and proud of it) said,

November 19, 2008 at 3:38 pm

You are completely nuts if you think I posted anything in that InfoWorld article, I hadn’t even read it until I clicked on your link. And by god, even if I had, can you point me to my specific comment in that thread? All I see is mostly your friends posting there. Did you notice?

Do you realize how paranoid you’ve become?

And I repeat my request for you to show me the “smears” I’ve posted here, please.

Note: comment arrived from a witch hunter that does not even use GNU/Linux.

9. Gentoo User (and proud of it) said,

November 19, 2008 at 3:59 pm

Oh and twitter, unfortunately I don’t have the same time and resources as the people on Slashdot who make your life difficult (employees of Microsoft, all of them I’m sure), but I wish I had bookmarked a lot of the comments they post with links to your disruptions, insults and high drama about being targeted by ‘M$’. You’re certainly one to talk about “smears”.

I’ve been active on Slashdot for almost three years and I’ve never seen anyone with the same problems you have. Funny, isn’t it?

Note: comment arrived from a witch hunter that does not even use GNU/Linux.

10. G. Michaels said,

November 19, 2008 at 11:00 pm

I think I get this. Since it’s not possible that Schestowitz flew off the handle because “Gentoo User” dared to post from anything other than a Gentoo box, and there is no evidence of him “trolling” anything, I think this whole twitter thing is starting to get to him. He appreciates having a resourceful troll and nymshifter working for him, but he’s uncomfortable with how that reflects on him every time twitter posts another shill thread on Slashdot choke-full with helpful links to BoycottNovell and the usual sprinklings of “M$ shit ass Windoze fuck LOL SweatyB HAR, HAR”. I think people are starting to wise up to what’s happening here.

I’d like to mention that I changed my user agent to correctly state the fact that I use Plan9 as my primary OS. Really, check it out. Because it’s really that friggin’ simple to change it in Firefox. Maybe Gentoo User could have done that as well, and if that were the case, would this little flamefest be relevant? No. No, I don’t think the fact “Gentoo User” is not posting from Gentoo mortifies you. People (other than your retinue) are not that stupid, you know.

Oh, and one final thing. Be careful with the way you edit those posts. Remember they’re all still in their original form in the Google cache.

Note: writer of this comment adds absolutely nothing but stalking and personal attacks against readers, as documented here.

11. Cor said,

November 20, 2008 at 2:08 am

Oh, god. Now everyone who dares to regularly criticise Mr Roy Schestowitz gets a red line below his every comment in order stigmatize him.

Great work, Mr S.

12. Needs Sunlight said,

November 20, 2008 at 7:53 am

The threat to Debian is more than theoretical. A while back you posted links to at least one person who in violation of the Debian Social Contract started trying to commit MS’ java imitation.

Look around a little bit and you’ll see that the contract is violated with many instances of C# and/or Mono contamination.

November 20, 2008 at 7:58 am

I’ve seen the same people who promote and defend Mono in Ubuntu forums and mailing lists doing this in Debian too. I can produce proof (I think it’s already in one of the IRC logs from last week).

14. G. Michaels said,

November 20, 2008 at 12:18 pm

Roy, yes, proof would be welcome. For a change. Proof of Gentoo User’s “smears” and “trolling” would also be welcome. You do have that somewhere, right?

1. IRC Proceedings: Friday, January 28, 2022

IRC logs for Friday, January 28, 2022

2. Links 28/1/2022: GStreamer 1.20 RC1 and DXVK-NVAPI 0.5.2

3. Microsoft Staff Trying to Subvert the Freedom of Gemini (Without Disclosure of the Paymaster)

Looking back at the past couple of years, it seems like Microsoft staff and boosters were more than eager to steer developers away from freedom and into Microsoft's cage

4. Gemini Gone Mainstream: German Media Now in Geminispace

With the likes of TAZ embracing Geminispace/Gemini Protocol we seem to have reached some sort of inflection point; taz.de did in fact add official presence to Geminispace

5. Links 28/1/2022: LSFMM 2022 and 2021 UI Study Results From Elementary's Distro

6. IRC Proceedings: Thursday, January 27, 2022

IRC logs for Thursday, January 27, 2022

7. Links 28/1/2022: GNU Poke 2.0 and OPNsense 22.1 Released

8. Links 27/1/2022: Archinstall 2.3.1 and Nix 2.6.0

9. On the Internet, Trust Should Not Become Centralised

“Trust” is a word that lost its meaning in the era of “TPM” and fancier names for 'Palladium'; we need to reject this idea that computers need to check with Microsoft if the operating system is trusted (not just Windows!), check with Gulag/Chrome if a Web site is trusted, and whether it's OK to run some application/s on one's own computer (as if Jim Zemlin et al get to decide what is trusted)

10. Microsoft-Connected Publishers Suffer and Perish With Microsoft (While Peddling 'Fake News' for Their Beloved Sponsor)

IDG and other fake news outlets/networks/sites (selling to companies flattering articles about themselves or renting out 'news space' to them, not just ad space) want us to think Microsoft is doing very well, but it's just that same old Ponzi scheme

11. Links 27/1/2022: Mabox Linux 21.11 Herbolth and PipeWire 0.3.44

12. IRC Proceedings: Wednesday, January 26, 2022

IRC logs for Wednesday, January 26, 2022

13. [Meme] EPO: Pursuing an Eastern and Western District of Europe (for Patent Trolls and Software Patents)

With the EPO so flagrantly lying and paying for misinformation maybe we should expect Benoît Battistelli and António Campinos to have delusions of grandeur… such as presiding over the Eastern and Western District of Europe, just like Mr. Gilstrap and Mr. Albright (political appointment by Donald Trump, ushering in “the swamp”)

14. Gemini at 2,000: 86% of Capsules Use Self-Signed Certificate, Just Like the Techrights Web Site (WWW)

As shown in the charts above (updated an hour ago), the relative share of ‘Linux’ Foundation (LE/LF; same thing, same office) in the capsules’ certificates has decreased over time; more and more (in terms of proportion) capsules choose to sign their own certificate/s; the concept of ‘fake security’ (centralisation and consolidation) should be rejected universally because it leaves nobody safe except plutocrats

15. [Meme] UPC: Many Lies as Headlines, Almost Exclusively in Publishers Sponsored by EPO and Team UPC to Produce Fake News (Lobbying Through Misinformation)

Lest we forget that EPO dictators, like Pinky and the Brainless Benoît Battistelli and António Campinos, have long littered the EPO's official Web site as well as publishers not directly connected to the EPO (but funded by it) with disinformation about the UPC

16. EPO as the 'Ministry of Truth' of Team UPC and Special Interests

The 'Ministry of Truth' of the patent world is turning the EPO's Web site into a propaganda mill, a misinformation farm, and a laughing stock with stock photography

17. Microsoft 'Delighted' by Windows 11 (Vista 11) Usage, Which is Only 1% Three Months After Official Launch and Six Months After Release Online

Microsoft boosters such as Bogdan Popa and Mark Hachman work overtime on distraction from the failure Vista 11 has been (the share of Windows continues to fall relative to other platforms)

18. Links 27/1/2022: Preinstalled GNU/Linux (Ubuntu) and Arch Linux-Powered Steam Deck 30 Days Away

19. Don't Fall for Microsoft's Spin That Says Everything is Not Secure and Cannot be Secured

Microsoft keeps promoting the utterly false concept that everything is not secure and there's nothing that can be done about it (hence, might as well stay with Windows, whose insecurity is even intentional)

20. At Long Last: 2,000 Known Gemini Capsules!

The corporate media, looking to appease its major sponsors (such as Web/advertising giants), won't tell you that Gemini Protocol is rising very rapidly; its userbase and the tools available for users are rapidly improving while more and more groups, institutions and individuals set up their own capsule (equivalent of a Web site)

21. Links 26/1/2022: Gamebuntu 1.0, PiGear Nano, and Much More

22. IRC Proceedings: Tuesday, January 25, 2022

IRC logs for Tuesday, January 25, 2022

23. Links 26/1/2022: No ARM for Nvidia, End of EasyArch, and WordPress 5.9 is Out

24. Why the Unified Patent Court (UPC) is Still Just a Fantasy and the UPC's Fake News Mill Merely Discredits the Whole Patent 'Profession'

Patents and science used to be connected; but now that the patent litigation 'sector' is hijacking patent offices (and even courts in places like Texas) it's trying to shove a Unified Patent Court (UPC) down the EU's throat under the disingenuous cover of "community" or "unity"

25. Links 25/1/2022: Vulkan 1.3 Released, Kiwi TCMS 11.0, and antiX 19.5

26. Gemini Milestones and Growth (Almost 2,000 Known Gemini Servers Now, 39,000 Pages in Ours)

The diaspora to Gemini Protocol or the transition to alternative 'webs' is underway; a linearly growing curve suggests that inertia/momentum is still there and we reap the benefits of early adoption of Gemini

27. [Meme] Get Ready for Unified Patent Court (UPC) to be Taken to Court

The Unified Patent Court (UPC) and Unitary Patent system that’s crafted to empower EPO thugs isn’t legal and isn’t constitutional either; even a thousand fake news 'articles' (deliberate misinformation or disinformation) cannot change the simple facts because CJEU isn’t “trial by media”

28. The EPO Needs High-Calibre Examiners, Not Politicians Who Pretend to Understand Patents and Science

Examiners are meant to obstruct fake patents or reject meritless patent applications; why is it that working conditions deteriorate for those who are intellectually equipped to do the job?

29. Free Software is Greener

Software Freedom is the only way to properly tackle environmental perils through reuse and recycling; the mainstream media never talks about it because it wants people to "consume" more and more products

30. Links 25/1/2022: Git 2.35 and New openSUSE Hardware