11.19.08

AstroTurfers Pretend to be GNU/Linux Users?

Posted in Site News at 11:46 am by Dr. Roy Schestowitz

“Mind Control: To control mental output you have to control mental input. Take control of the channels by which developers receive information, then they can only think about the things you tell them. Thus, you control mindshare!”

Microsoft, internal document [PDF]

Appended below is the IRC log from just minutes ago. As regular readers are probably aware, our reader “twitter” has abusive stalkers (‘witch hunters’) in this Web site. They followed his footsteps all the way from Slashdot just to discredit him personally wherever he goes, whatever he does. Speaking from experience, “twitter” is intimately aware of Microsoft’s dirty secrets and he talks about it in public.

The log below (particularly the end) is self explanatory, but the summary is that people who go under names like “Gentoo user” are actually Windows users and they are busily attacking critics of Microsoft. The name is probably supposed to lend them credibility (Gentoo is, after all, a hardcore distribution) and also encourage people to explore distributions that will lead to negative judgment of GNU/Linux.

trmanco http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2008/11/19/no… Nov 19 15:32
schestowitz Yay! Google can shove clocks and weather in my eyes. :-) Well, at least they open-sourced it. Nov 19 15:32
trmanco :-P Nov 19 15:32
twitter Ick, China to buy GM.  They could make it even more corrupt than it is already. Nov 19 15:33
schestowitz Apache still eats Microsoft’s lunch. Nov 19 15:34
schestowitz 1.8 compared to 1.1 Nov 19 15:34
schestowitz Remember that Google’s is an Apache fork. Nov 19 15:34
twitter That lead is going to get bigger, despite the FUD M$ spews. Nov 19 15:35
twitter WAMP is insane. Nov 19 15:35
schestowitz That’s what MS is hoping. It would be interesting to see how Apache/Linux does against Apache/Windows Nov 19 15:36
schestowitz They keynoted ApacheCon recently. RMS is against it and there’s plan to discourage people from attending such events. Nov 19 15:37
schestowitz How can one give Microsoft such a spot when it’s actively threatening to sue? Nov 19 15:37
schestowitz Re: OSCON, PJ said the same. Nov 19 15:37
schestowitz Microsoft wants the world to believe that there are two Microsofts: good cop and bad cop. Nov 19 15:38
twitter M$ does this on purpose.  It destroys the ability of their “competitors” to communicate. Nov 19 15:38
twitter They stack the con panel and shove M$ into it.  This destroys the conference.  What’s left is M$ only. Nov 19 15:38
twitter Did you see this lovely example of what the M$ world enables?  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11/19/d… Nov 19 15:39
schestowitz twitter: yes, Tim O’Reilly had to apologise for saying something negative about the convicted monopolist Nov 19 15:39
schestowitz [cause they sponsored his  event] Nov 19 15:39
schestowitz They gag critics this way. I saw it with Krill. Nov 19 15:39
twitter More reason to avoid M$ money. Nov 19 15:39
schestowitz As you say, people like me are already repelled slightly … wrt Apache Nov 19 15:40
schestowitz As soon as they defend Microsoft I feel like I need to get a puke pouch. Nov 19 15:40
trmanco schestowitz, “Remember that Google’s is an Apache fork.” -> I forgot to mention this when I posted the link :-P Nov 19 15:41
schestowitz People from Apache confronted us in BN. They tried to defend selling out… Microsoft is pressuring many FOSS groups, consortia and LUGs. They try to stink up the place by attending. This IRC channel too used to have ‘cj’ (for Microsoft). Nov 19 15:41
schestowitz trmanco: Microsoft will surely spin this though as Apache not doing so well. Lies, damn lies, and stats, y’know… Nov 19 15:42
twitter I’m not too worried.  When things really go wrong, projects like Debian fork and everyone runs to the better fork. Nov 19 15:42
schestowitz That’s the stories they’ll tell uncritical journos anyway. Nov 19 15:43
twitter Stinking up conferences is an old practice.  I read about them doing this to Apple. Nov 19 15:43
schestowitz Wait until Microsoft tries to plant some people inside Debian [hypothetical]. Nov 19 15:43
twitter My trolls have already bragged about being Debian contributors. Nov 19 15:43
schestowitz That would ruin it. All they need to do is seed the project with an apologist or a village fool that will open up the door… like Alex Brown in ISO. Nov 19 15:43
schestowitz Mono too is entertaining Microsoft chaps. Nov 19 15:44
twitter I ignored it because the project’s commitment to freedom and organization are too strong to let M$ fuck it over. Nov 19 15:44
schestowitz Novell did this in India. Nov 19 15:44
schestowitz Hence the protests Nov 19 15:44
schestowitz Read the remarks from Anivar.. they excluded OpenOffice.org, Red Hat, etc. It was Novell stealing the show stealthily. Nov 19 15:45
schestowitz RMS approved what the guys did. Nov 19 15:45
twitter M$ can damage Debian by setting up arguments that waste time but M$ will fail before Debian does. Nov 19 15:45
schestowitz It’s claimed that they already do this in Ubuntu Nov 19 15:45
twitter They do it everywhere. Nov 19 15:46
schestowitz Requesting Silverlight, defending Mono’s presence, etc. I’m told this by people. Nov 19 15:46
twitter “Mind Control: To control mental output you to have to control mental input.  Take control of the channels by which developers receive information, then they can only think about the things you tell them.  Thus, you control mindshare!”   http://docs.google.com/Present?docid… Nov 19 15:47
twitter Everywhere developers meet, M$ will spew poison. Nov 19 15:47
schestowitz Yes, I know. Nov 19 15:47
schestowitz That’s a MUST-ATTEND talk at Microsoft. Nov 19 15:47
schestowitz The guy who wrote it said so. Nov 19 15:47
twitter M$ wastes untold billions of dollars pushing that kind of poison. Nov 19 15:48
schestowitz “Gentoo user” is one of your stalkers in BN Nov 19 15:49
schestowitz That ‘person’ never talks about the subjects at hand. Just ad hominem, IIRC. Nov 19 15:50
twitter yes.  They keep posting the same crap. Nov 19 15:50
twitter It’s spam. Nov 19 15:50
schestowitz Who goes by the Linux vanity name “Gentoo user” anyway? Nov 19 15:50
schestowitz And why Gentoo? To say “I’m hardcore 1337 *nix”? Nov 19 15:50
twitter For a while, while it was new and difficult, the M$ trolls were promoting gentoo. Nov 19 15:51
twitter There’s nothing like throwing a newbie to the something like that to sour them on the whole GNU/Linux experience for years. Nov 19 15:52
twitter The name choice may lend credibility for readers who know nothing, which is what M$ is interested in. Nov 19 15:53
twitter Anyone who knows anything quickly dumps Windows as a platform. Nov 19 15:54
twitter M$ is all about delaying that and staying relevant. Nov 19 15:54
twitter The trolls used to bug me about the name “twitter” too. Nov 19 15:56
twitter I chose it because that’s what I do to equipment to make it work well.  It turned out to be a good choice from the way the M$ people hear my posts like a gaggle of angry birds. Nov 19 15:58
twitter If Kennedy thinks someone at M$ hates him, Kennedy should watch my stuff sometimes.  :) Nov 19 16:00
trmanco Hey cool, Portuguese media promoting Ubuntu: http://ciberia.aeiou.pt/?st=10581 Nov 19 16:02
twitter M$FT, still under $20, and they will fall off the cliff with the rest of the market as the GWB administration has promised to sit on it’s hands instead of bailing out home owners.  LA Times had a good article on this. Nov 19 16:03
trmanco and some more: http://tek.sapo.pt/noticias/computadores/open_so… | http://tek.sapo.pt/noticias/computadores/ope… Nov 19 16:06
schestowitz Microsoft promoting Gentoo, eh? I think I know why. Nov 19 16:06
schestowitz Create some more bitter experiences… Nov 19 16:06
schestowitz twitter: I can check the logs to see what ‘Gentoo user’ runs. Nov 19 16:07
schestowitz [unless there's header spoofing] Nov 19 16:07
twitter that will be interesting. Nov 19 16:07
twitter here’s the article http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi… Nov 19 16:07
twitter Basically, Paulson has promised to do nothing and to ignore homeowner problems.  The stock market and economy will tank on that kind of news. Nov 19 16:08
schestowitz Hehe. Nov 19 16:10
schestowitz I just realised that Microsoft employed Gentoo’s founder. Take that thought further… Nov 19 16:10
schestowitz [sarcasm] What if Microsoft created and promoted the most difficult and frustrating Linux, then promoted it? Nov 19 16:11
twitter That may have happened but it backfired. Nov 19 16:11
twitter I have yet to try it out but I keep hearing good things about it and that people actually use it. Nov 19 16:13
twitter I like the Debian way better because most people only want to tweak one or two programs at a time. Nov 19 16:13
schestowitz Ha! Nov 19 16:15
schestowitz This is funny. Nov 19 16:15
schestowitz Gentoio user in November: Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz ┌─(roy@localhost Wed, 19 Nov 08)─—————————————— ——————─(/home/roy/Desktop)────┐ Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz └─(16:12 $)─> gunzip bo Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz boycottnovell.com-Nov-2008.gz       boycottnovell.com-Nov-2008.gz.part Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz └─(16:12 $)─> gunzip boycottnovell.com-Nov-2008.gz Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz └─(16:14 $)─> grep 12.10.219.36 boycottnovell.com-Nov-2008 Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 12.10.219.36 – - [03/Nov/2008:12:49:47 -0500] “GET /wp-content/themes/ocadia/sty Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz le.css HTTP/1.0″ 200 8903 “http://boycottnovell.com/category/irc-logs/” “Mozilla Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz .0.17″ Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 12.10.219.36 – - [03/Nov/2008:12:49:47 -0500] “GET /category/irc-logs/ HTTP/1.0″ Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 200 69745 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.17) Gec Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz ko/20080829 Firefox/2.0.0.17″ Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 12.10.219.36 – - [03/Nov/2008:12:49:51 -0500] “GET /wp-content/uploads/2008/11/9 Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 35815___mine__.jpg HTTP/1.0″ 200 17438 “http://boycottnovell.com/” “Mozilla/5.0 Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.17) Gecko/20080829 Firefox/2.0.0.17 Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 52151_abraham_lincoln.jpg HTTP/1.0″ 200 12788 “http://boycottnovell.com/” “Mozil Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz la/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.17) Gecko/20080829 Firefox/2 Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz .0.0.17″ Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 12.10.219.36 – - [03/Nov/2008:12:49:51 -0500] “GET / HTTP/1.0″ 200 99315 “http:/ Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz en-US; rv:1.8.1.17) Gecko/20080829 Firefox/2.0.0.17″ Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 12.10.219.36 – - [03/Nov/2008:12:49:51 -0500] “GET /wp-content/uploads/2008/11/j Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz onathan_20zuck.jpg HTTP/1.0″ 200 96877 “http://boycottnovell.com/” “Mozilla/5.0 Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 12.10.219.36 – - [03/Nov/2008:12:49:52 -0500] “GET /wp-content/uploads/2008/11/1 Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz 016609_laundry.jpg HTTP/1.0″ 200 9346 “http://boycottnovell.com/” “Mozilla/5.0 ( Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.17 Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz That’s just a portion. Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz It’s always Windows. Nov 19 16:16
schestowitz Seems like your stalker “Gentoo user” has not much to do with GNU/Linux at all. Nov 19 16:17
schestowitz He came with this IP address several times this month. Nov 19 16:17
schestowitz I assume it’s a daily routine because there are gaps in the logs (probably dynamic IP) Nov 19 16:18

1. Gentoo User (and proud of it) said,

November 19, 2008 at 12:59 pm

*slaps head*

Well Roy, I’m sorry if not everyone can be as pure as you and your buddies. I do use Windows at work, which is where that IP you have comes from. Go on and check it against this post, you’ll see it’s the same one, because I doubt the corporate proxy IP address ever changes. If you see another IP with my handle on it, it’s my home DSL one, although I don’t remember posting from home or from my laptop. That’s where I happily run Gentoo. If you do find my home IP address you can probably stop by the Gentoo IRC forum and match it to my handle. You probably can’t miss it.

And there might be other people posting from behind this proxy, I don’t know. It’s a big company. But then you probably already know that.

As for your claims of my “stalking”, you must be confusing me with the other people who post evidence of twitter’s trolling time and time again. I’m sorry to disappoint you, but that’s not me. Of course when you’re as paranoid as you and your friends, I guess everyone who says anything you don’t like must be employed by Microsoft and actively out to get you.

Oh, and if I remember correctly, when I first posted on your blog I think I posted as “Slashdot User” or something like that, because that’s where I came from after seeing one of your buddy’s weird posts, but I changed that when I figured it would be disruptive. I had never heard of you before that point. Go ahead and check your logs again. In fact, why don’t you do another detailed post about everything I’ve ever posted here? That should be enlightening, if nothing else to prove that the worst thing I’ve done is ask you to clarify things you write, which you of course have never done. If I have made fun of your Chief Attacker in my comments it’s probably because he fully deserves it, considering he’s been a huge pain on Slashdot. He’s a perfect example of everything that I dislike about the “evangelism” of FOSS. The crass language, the sockpuppets, creative spelling, insults and laughable paranoia. But it was never my intention to badger you endlessly about your association to him, other people seem to be doing that quite successfully.

Note: comment arrived from a witch hunter that does not even use GNU/Linux.

2. Chris said,

November 19, 2008 at 1:15 pm

Oh Boy, poor poor twitter is being stalked by evil persons who dare to point out that he’s a well known troll … How could they dare?

Please gimme a break :D

And just cause this shouldn’t miss so everyone can make up ones own opinion:

What a lovely fellow …

November 19, 2008 at 1:19 pm

This isn’t about him, but more about the goose chase which involves stalkers that come up with smears and excuses.

If only you had spent more time focusing on the subject of the posts and not on people who comment on these posts…

4. Gentoo User (and proud of it) said,

November 19, 2008 at 1:25 pm

Roy, can you point me to an example of where I have “smeared” your friend?

Note: comment arrived from a witch hunter that does not even use GNU/Linux.

5. twitter said,

November 19, 2008 at 1:45 pm

The above smear speaks for itself, Windows User but you are right that more than one nym is being used here. I’m sure that Roy will add those to the list.

6. twitter said,

November 19, 2008 at 1:49 pm

It is probably worth linking the manufacturing abuse article here as proof of pattern. People who look at M$ and publish objectively are always hounded like this.

November 19, 2008 at 1:54 pm

Just watch all the ad hominem attacks chained to yesterday’s article. I guess this means that the message is hard to refute.

8. Gentoo User (and proud of it) said,

November 19, 2008 at 3:38 pm

You are completely nuts if you think I posted anything in that InfoWorld article, I hadn’t even read it until I clicked on your link. And by god, even if I had, can you point me to my specific comment in that thread? All I see is mostly your friends posting there. Did you notice?

Do you realize how paranoid you’ve become?

And I repeat my request for you to show me the “smears” I’ve posted here, please.

Note: comment arrived from a witch hunter that does not even use GNU/Linux.

9. Gentoo User (and proud of it) said,

November 19, 2008 at 3:59 pm

Oh and twitter, unfortunately I don’t have the same time and resources as the people on Slashdot who make your life difficult (employees of Microsoft, all of them I’m sure), but I wish I had bookmarked a lot of the comments they post with links to your disruptions, insults and high drama about being targeted by ‘M$’. You’re certainly one to talk about “smears”.

I’ve been active on Slashdot for almost three years and I’ve never seen anyone with the same problems you have. Funny, isn’t it?

Note: comment arrived from a witch hunter that does not even use GNU/Linux.

10. G. Michaels said,

November 19, 2008 at 11:00 pm

I think I get this. Since it’s not possible that Schestowitz flew off the handle because “Gentoo User” dared to post from anything other than a Gentoo box, and there is no evidence of him “trolling” anything, I think this whole twitter thing is starting to get to him. He appreciates having a resourceful troll and nymshifter working for him, but he’s uncomfortable with how that reflects on him every time twitter posts another shill thread on Slashdot choke-full with helpful links to BoycottNovell and the usual sprinklings of “M$ shit ass Windoze fuck LOL SweatyB HAR, HAR”. I think people are starting to wise up to what’s happening here.

I’d like to mention that I changed my user agent to correctly state the fact that I use Plan9 as my primary OS. Really, check it out. Because it’s really that friggin’ simple to change it in Firefox. Maybe Gentoo User could have done that as well, and if that were the case, would this little flamefest be relevant? No. No, I don’t think the fact “Gentoo User” is not posting from Gentoo mortifies you. People (other than your retinue) are not that stupid, you know.

Oh, and one final thing. Be careful with the way you edit those posts. Remember they’re all still in their original form in the Google cache.

Note: writer of this comment adds absolutely nothing but stalking and personal attacks against readers, as documented here.

11. Cor said,

November 20, 2008 at 2:08 am

Oh, god. Now everyone who dares to regularly criticise Mr Roy Schestowitz gets a red line below his every comment in order stigmatize him.

Great work, Mr S.

12. Needs Sunlight said,

November 20, 2008 at 7:53 am

The threat to Debian is more than theoretical. A while back you posted links to at least one person who in violation of the Debian Social Contract started trying to commit MS’ java imitation.

Look around a little bit and you’ll see that the contract is violated with many instances of C# and/or Mono contamination.

November 20, 2008 at 7:58 am

I’ve seen the same people who promote and defend Mono in Ubuntu forums and mailing lists doing this in Debian too. I can produce proof (I think it’s already in one of the IRC logs from last week).

14. G. Michaels said,

November 20, 2008 at 12:18 pm

Roy, yes, proof would be welcome. For a change. Proof of Gentoo User’s “smears” and “trolling” would also be welcome. You do have that somewhere, right?

1. Making JavaScript Suck Less

"Other than that, the first rule of JavaScript is: Do not use JavaScript. But this article is for people who break the first rule."

2. Microsoft 'Moles' Inside WINE Project? WINE Should Bring Windows Users to GNU/Linux, Not the Other Way Around.

The press release above (link omitted, it was pinned in several sites) is a cause for concern; after Microsoft infiltrated OSI and the Linux Foundation (both are now GitHub boosters, in effect diverting projects to Microsoft’s proprietary monopoly) it’ll be important to watch this space

3. Links 25/11/2020: Raspberry Pi 400 With Touchscreens, Animation Framework in GTK/GNOME

4. [Meme] Things Will Get Amusing When/If EPO Proceedings Are Cancelled Due to Patent Trolls Suing the Platforms Using Software Patents (Granted by the EPO)

The management of the EPO is so proud to be granting illegal software patents in Europe; this clear abuse of authority can come back to bite it in the rear

5. Dr. Bausch Questions the Merits and Claims of EPO Management Regarding ViCo ('Skynet' Virtual 'Courts')

Few courageous attorneys are willing to speak out about (and against) what EPO management is doing right now, in effect exploiting a public health crisis to override the law, spy on lots of people, outsource legal proceedings to the United States and so on

6. Links 24/11/2020: Linux 5.9.11, Istio 1.6.14 and LibreOffice 7.1 Beta Released

7. Lots of Good News Today

A quick roundup of news and key developments; most of them are positive and they give us hope

8. Massive Collective Action Begins at the European Patent Office Today, Demanding Change and Forewarning the Management (Litigation)

The financial "hoax" at the EPO (taking away money from staff to feed a gambling addiction of managers) needs to stop; staff has begun mass-mailing the management, threatening legal action

9. EPO Management is Still Distracting From the 'Elephant in the Room' by Corrupting Media and Academia

Under the EPO's dictatorship the law is being routinely violated; in order for the public to not pay attention or receive mixed messages (resulting in confusion) the EPO is manufacturing so-called 'studies' (which patent offices aren't supposed to do; they should focus on patent-granting while complying with the law)

10. EPO's Central Staff Committee on Latest Meeting With Office Dictator: “No Meaningful Discussion Could Take Place.”

Whilst allegedly preparing legal action the staff representatives at the EPO report on the lack of progress after so-called 'dialogues' (merely a false impression of consultation)

11. Growing Concerns That EPO Staff Has Been Placed Under de Facto House Arrest by an Entirely Unaccountable Office

"House arrest" is excessive and disproportionate. So says the Central Staff Committee of Europe's second-largest institution (which surprisingly enough the media is failing to properly study and investigate) as it highlights yet more human rights violations.

12. IRC Proceedings: Monday, November 23, 2020

IRC logs for Monday, November 23, 2020

13. Internal Error: Unified Patent Court and Unitary Patent Incompatible With the Constitution and Basic Laws

The FFII has issued a statement for Members of the Bundestag, Members of the European Parliament, Members of the Council, German Presidency of the EU, Chancellor Merkel, Commissioner Von Der Leyen, Commissioner Reynders, and Battistelli's buddy Breton

14. The EPO is Using Hype Wave and Buzzword to Promote Illegal Software Patents in a So-Called “Digital Conference”

The "HEY HI" or "AI" hype is misused by the Office; not just in person but also in webstreams, which basically serve as a vehicle for illegal agenda

15. Dutch Delegation and German Delegation at the Administrative Council of the EPO Upset at the Office for Secrecy, Working Behind the Scenes to Crush Productive Staff

Less than halfway through his term at the Office, Battistelli's buddy already faces growing criticism and, according to the Central Staff Committee, he "was emotionally affected by the intervention such that he was not able to effectively reply to the questions of the delegates."

16. Links 23/11/2020: GNU Guix 1.2.0, Evaluating Precursor’s Hardware Security, Kdenlive 20.08.3, Kodi 19.x Beta, Vulkan 1.2.162

17. Links 23/11/2020: Linux 5.10-rc5, GIMP Turns 25, 4MLinux 34.2, Escuelas Linux 6.11, MPV Player 0.33

18. How to Put on Airs of Professionalism Like a Boss

"Boardroom suits are not meant to be flashy, but to conform. Simple lines and smart ties -- the opposite of what Richard Stallman would wear, show that you are either a well-machined cog or a serious adversary."

19. IRC Proceedings: Sunday, November 22, 2020

IRC logs for Sunday, November 22, 2020

20. Legal Action at the European Patent Office (EPO) Leveraged Against Management... for Robbing EPO Staff and Robbing Europe, by Extension

The EPO is being looted for its value; the staff is rightly concerned and there’s legal action on the way, filed reluctantly as there’s clearly no other option (a last resort/necessary recourse)

21. Cory Doctorow at Privacy Week 2020 on DRM, Freedom/Software Freedom, Regulation, Etc.

“We Used To Have Cake, Now We’ve Barely Got Icing” by Cory Doctorow.

22. Links 22/11/2020: KaOS 2020.11, Calindori 1.3, KStars 3.5.0

23. New Position Paper on the Unified Patent Court (UPC) Says It's “Not the Best Solution for Europe” -- Clearly an Understatement

UPC proponents (profiteers) aren't enjoying support anymore; not only has progress stalled (come to a complete stop) but the whole debate about the UPC (or anything conceptually like it) turned toxic and negative because facts come out, overriding lobbyists of litigation giants

24. Mortality Rates Increase at the EPO and Christmases (or Holidays) During Corona Mean Fewer Days Off

There's still no sign (other than hand-waving and empty gestures/smiles) that the EPO's management wishes to right the wrongs and undo the damage done over the past decade or so; in some ways, today's management is worse than ever before (grossly incompetent and eager to break the law at every turn)

25. Newly Abnormal: A Crackdown on EPO Staff and Labour Rights in 'Survey' Clothing (Willis Towers Watson)

In a very characteristic fashion, with zero consultation/input from staff (or staff representatives/union leaders) EPO President António Campinos proceeds to implementing illegal ‘reforms’, assuring any remaining non-sceptics that he’s just another Benoît Battistelli

26. IRC Proceedings: Saturday, November 21, 2020

IRC logs for Saturday, November 21, 2020

27. [Meme] Good Advice From the FSF, So It's Time to #DeleteGitHub

A good gift for the FSF would be git; not GitHub, but git

28. Go Distributed, Go Encrypted, Go Secure, Transparency Still Possible

Earlier today we enhanced access to our (sometimes anonymised) IRC logs by issuing text (ASCII) versions, which will from now onwards be a nightly/daily occurrence; we're also making everything we publish accessible from a large number of IPFS nodes (akin to P2P)

29. IAM Celebrating and Glorifying Illegal Patents With Fake 'Awards' and Bogus 'Endorsements'

IAM's fake 'awards' are nothing more than business and agenda-steering lies; it's time to call out again the real corruption that's driving IAM (which is itself supporting and advocating corruption)

30. Been There, Done That: Team UPC's 'October' Becomes 'Early November' and Now Late November

The self-serving litigation fanatics who mislead their customers are still at it; Bristows says that UPC has no issues other than “delay”