Not to worry, Softies already fill up the gap
LAST NIGHT we wrote about a Microsoft employee taking one chief position at Novell. What we didn’t know at the time was that Volker Smid had left Novell.
Here are some new details about the Microsoft veteran who will help run Novell, right from the inside:
Chief Marketing Officer John Dragoon (pictured) clarified the status of Novell’s channel organization this morning, and disclosed former F5 Networks Channel Chief and Microsoft veteran Steve Hale has joined the company.
As the single comment states, “[it's] nice to see that Novell is swapping staff with their biggest Linux reseller; Micro-Soft.” Some Novell employees are joining Microsoft as well, so it’s reciprocal. As for Miguel de Icaza, he sometimes physically works at Microsoft, too. He last did this a month ago.
Anyway, he’s out.
Former president of Novell’s EMEA operations Volker Smid has taken over as head of operations at HP in Germany.
What did Smid see which had him decide to leave? █
Assorted 2008 departures:
- Stephen Pollack (PlateSpin CEO) Quits Novell; More Shuffles in Canada
- Novell Still in Exodus Mode: Channel Chief Quits Just Months After Joining
- Novell’s President of Asia-Pacific Quits the Company
- A Novell Vice President Quits, Company Initiates ‘Damage Control’
- Two Novell Directors Quit the Company
- Top Novell Man Quits the Company, Apparently in Anger
- Bruce Lowry, Novell’s PR Director, Quits the Company
- Novell Vice President Quits, Outlook Grim (Corrected)
- Joseph LaSala Quits Novell!