Summary: Microsoft has apparently just bought itself a federal investigation against mainframes running GNU/Linux
FOR those who are new to the whole mainframe/T3 saga, necessary reading probably includes:
- T3 Receives Millions from “Unnamed Entity” After Microsoft Investment, to Attack GNU/Linux on Mainframes
- Has Microsoft Just Invested in Another Lawsuit Against IBM?
- Microsoft Pays Professor to Write a Paper Against IBM’s GNU/Linux-Powered Mainframes
- Microsoft Innovation is Lawsuits by Proxy
- What People Say About Microsoft’s Alleged Anti-Linux Lawsuit (via T3)
- Did Microsoft Attack IBM by Proxy to Restrain OOXML Critics?
IBM committed the atrocious sin which is using GNU/Linux rather than Windows. It turns out now that Microsoft got its way.
The US Department of Justice has opened an investigation into IBM’s mainframe business at the instigation of the CCIA.
“Microsoft is pulling out every favor it’s got … It has a very close relationship with DOJ and the White House, and all of that pressure is being brought to bear.”
–Knowledgeable tech industry source [via]