Gagging Critics: Bill Gates Bribes Crosscut for Favourable Coverage and Immediate Censorship, Then Abducts It
Gates’ power grab advances
Summary: A site which criticised Gates and Microsoft — a news outlet called Crosscut — has been taken over by Gates’ staff
The Gates Foundation likes to buy the press and sometimes blogs too, as it helps Gates control information, especially in particular fields where he pillages and plunders. A site called Crosscut had published some hostile pieces about Microsoft and Gates but negative coverage stopped, even erased (see first link in the list below) when Bill Gates paid them. It’s censorship followed by self-censorship. See the following as a reminder:
- How Gates Foundation Censors Publications (Also on Microsoft Matters and Offences) by Bribing Them
- Gates Foundation Pays the Lancet Journal — Now Distorts Academic Literature Too
- Bill Gates Buys More Blogs and Papers, Creates Puppet Group “Teaching First” to Lobby the Press
- Gates Foundation Still Sponsors Blogs That Praise Its Work, Lobbies Governments, Takes Over School Districts
- Gates Foundation Pays More Blogs Like GOOD, Blog4GlobalHealth, and Crosscut to Promote Its Agenda
A report from last year said that the site had been taken over (we missed this report at the time):
“Big coup for us,” Brewster said in an email.
Shaw brings a background in journalism, marketing and philanthropy to his new duties. He has worked since 2004 as part of the senior leadership team at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and is currently director of grantee partner engagement. He has headed the foundation’s Pacific Northwest Program.
Well played, gagging your critics one at a time. Money talks. And now there is another unofficial mouthpiece for Gates, run by his own staff. █