IBMs software ambitions ..
- Subject: IBMs software ambitions ..
- From: Doug Mentohl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:56:42 +0000
- Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
- Organization: Datemas.de http://www.datemas.de
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061023 SUSE/2.0-30
- Xref: ellandroad.demon.co.uk comp.os.linux.advocacy:499285
From: Joachim Kemprin
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 1997 9:24 AM
To: Jim Allchin (Exchange)
Cc: Paul MAritz
Subject: FW: IBM
Pls comment on the technology part I need to give them an answer.
- Original Message -
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 1997 7:35 AM
To: Joachim Kempin
Cc: Steve Ballmer, Christine Turner; Paul MAritz, Jim Allchin (Exchange)
Subject: Re: IBM
When Gary Stimac came up for the National/Citrix meeting on Tuesday we
had 15 minutes with just the 2 of us talking at the end .. I told him
the JAVA religion coming out of the software group is a big problem. I
said IBM refused to big anything related to Backoffice. I said they to
use their PCs to distribute things against us. I said they are dabbing
in NCs in a way we don't like ..
Overall we wil never have the same relationship with IBM that we have
with Compaq, Dell and even HP because of their software ambitions. I
could deal with this just fine if they weren't such rabid JAVA backers
.. We should position it as lets do some things that are good for both
of us but require some of the rhetoric to be lowered on both sides. On
their side I mean JAVA and NC.
See answers below ..