paulma: problems of open APIs ..
- Subject: paulma: problems of open APIs ..
- From: Doug Mentohl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 18:10:11 +0000
- Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
- Organization: Datemas.de http://www.datemas.de
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061023 SUSE/2.0-30
- Xref: ellandroad.demon.co.uk comp.os.linux.advocacy:499919
To: billg; chrisp; craigmu; davidv; mikemap; nathanm; rashid; rogerh;
bradsi; jimail; pateh
Subject: 3 year plan thoughts - draft
Date: Wednesday, April 12, 1995 12:54 PM
BSD: Is executing on building out a set of Internet gateway tools - but
currently is evangelizing these as having open APIs to the clients (eg.
Netscape can write a client to use the gateway). While we can't take
back what we have published, we do need to be thinking of ways we can
advantage MS clients (see Internet discussion below)
Leading on from the above, we should get a view as to what will be
handled by the "Win97" Shell and what will not - and if not. how is the
needed extension integrated into the Win97 environment. What short-term
things do we do before Win97 (eg. upgrade Ohare to handle DocObj)