MS: lets clone Netscape ..
- Subject: MS: lets clone Netscape ..
- From: Doug Mentohl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 18:19:40 +0000
- Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
- Organization: Datemas.de http://www.datemas.de
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061023 SUSE/2.0-30
- Xref: ellandroad.demon.co.uk comp.os.linux.advocacy:499596
- Original Message -
From: Ben Slivka
Sent: Wednesday, November01, 1995 7:38 PM
To: Ben Slivka's internet Client Team (Xerox DL)
Subject: Getting to 30% Share Memo
Here is final copy of the memo we sent to BillG for think week about
what we should do to get 30% browser share. Pls do not distribute broadly.
2. Clone and Supernet Netscape. PSD needs to get serious about cloning
Netscape. We must have a plan to clone all the features they have today,
plus new ones they will add between now and our next release. We have to
make this our only top priority and put our top people on the job. In
addition to our planned Win32.OLE work, we have to get serious about
extending and owning HTLM as a format ..
Shell Integration. The Internet is a part of Windows. We will bind the
shell to the Internet Explorer so that running any other browser is a
jolting experience. Shell/Browser user model becomes the same.
* Office Integration. A critical piece of our success is executing
WebOffice. The Internet Explorer/Windows shell must support DocObj, and
the Office team must use Windows services for favorites/history ..
Co-Opt Top Sites. We should consider purchasing or co-opting the top
sites (StarWave?) and having them use our content. We should give
JonL/RSegal the mandate to do this; they would be responsible for
enticing the best sites to use our content by whatever means necessary.