SteveB and the FUD demo of OS/2 2.0 ..
- Subject: SteveB and the FUD demo of OS/2 2.0 ..
- From: Doug Mentohl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 18:42:44 +0000
- Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
- Organization: Datemas.de http://www.datemas.de
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061023 SUSE/2.0-30
- Xref: ellandroad.demon.co.uk comp.os.linux.advocacy:500209
From: w-clairl Thu Jul 25 19:46:22 1991
To: billg; bradsi; jimail; jonl; mikehal; paulma; richab; russw; scotto;
Cc: billmi; cameronm; carls; garygi; julieg; martyta; makemap; rogersw;
Subject: StevB press tour trip report (long mail)
Date Thu Jul 25 19:33:28 1991
4. The demos of OS/2 were excellent, crashing the system had the
intended effect -- to FUD OS/2 2.0. People paid attention to the demo
and were often supprised to our favor. Steve positioned it as --OS/2 not
"bad" but that from a performance and "robustness" standpoint, it is NOT
better than Windows. We know the design point, we know what's in it.
Forrester Research is publishing a bullitin tomorrow that says "Ballber
exploded some"myths" about OS/2: It doesn't run Windows applications
presently, it's not bullit proof and dependable -- MS was able to
demonstrate several instances of OS/2 crashing!