w-carrin: plant the bug of FUD in their ears ..
- Subject: w-carrin: plant the bug of FUD in their ears ..
- From: Doug Mentohl <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 15:51:40 +0000
- Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
- Organization: Datemas.de http://www.datemas.de
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061023 SUSE/2.0-30
- Xref: ellandroad.demon.co.uk comp.os.linux.advocacy:500163
From w-carrin Mon Oct 15 12:18:05 1990
Subject: Getting the word out about DR DOS
Cc: kathrynh; russw
Date: Mon Oct 15 12:09:08 1990
Concerns have been raised that DR-DOS incompatibilities and flaws are
being overlooked by reviewers.
We recommend that we *informally* plant the bug of FUD in their ears.
"Have you heard about problems with DR DOS?"
"That security feature is a neat idea and, gosh, such a feature would be
great, but it's just too easily circumvented"
"Gee, it's unfortunate that DR DOS can't be loaded high all the time.
MS-DOS 5.0 can" We'll do this very tactfully.
The security features may lead someone to a false sense of security and
someone may break into their payroll.
* If Digital Research can to Microsoft for help in making DR DOS work
with Windows, would Microsoft help them? Maybe not?
W-Carrin is the prefix for Weggener Edstrom, Microsoft's public