billg: OS/2 the next standard in personal computing ..

March 17, 1989

James Cannavino
President
Entry Systems Division
IBM Corporaton
44 South Broadway
White Planes, NY 10601

Dear Jim.

Nearly four years have elapsed since the initiation of our Joint Development Agreement. We have both made significant investments in development. We have designed, coded, tested and shipped massive amounts of software. Now, we need to focus on building momentum in the marketplace.

..

This market also contains many companies that will give us their total support in establishing OS/2 as the next standard in personal computing. If we harness this support with a series of great products and great marketing, OS/2 will win.

Sincerely,
Wiliam H. Gates

http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/0000/PX00067.pdf