we want OpenDOC to fail ..

From: Jim Allchin
To: Bob Muglia; Collins Hemmingway; Lowell Tuttman

The problem is more complicated than you suggest. Interoperability is a very
complicated and confusing topic. The last thing we want to do is deal with
testing or certifying anything for someone else. The thing I want to certify is
that an APP is compatible with OLE. I hope OpenDoc does not achieve interop or
does a terrible job. We *want* them to fail.

http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/2000/PX02026.pdf
--

court documents in the case of Comes v. Microsoft.