we want OpenDOC to fail ..
- Subject: we want OpenDOC to fail ..
- From: Doug Mentohl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 19:05:12 -0000
- Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
- Organization: Datemas.de http://www.datemas.de
- User-agent: MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.60.2060
- Xref: ellandroad.demon.co.uk comp.os.linux.advocacy:504465
From: Jim Allchin
To: Bob Muglia; Collins Hemmingway; Lowell Tuttman
The problem is more complicated than you suggest. Interoperability is a very
complicated and confusing topic. The last thing we want to do is deal with
testing or certifying anything for someone else. The thing I want to certify is
that an APP is compatible with OLE. I hope OpenDoc does not achieve interop or
does a terrible job. We *want* them to fail.
court documents in the case of Comes v. Microsoft.