don't let Intel dictate on the NetPC ..

From: Paul Mantz
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 1996 4:36 AM
To: Jimm Allchin (Exchange), Moshe Dunie
Cc: MArshall Brumer
Subject: Intel follow-up

On the NetPC - Pat thinks we are beinn slow to follow-up and get the spec's out, and he is telling his guys to go ahead and start drafting. They want to have a review for the industry i January. We need to engage with them, and get ahead of them, and get the OEMs involved. I think we should also get a few large account customers involved in order to get some reality in discussions and (eg) get focus off $743 price point. I guess the PC'98 guy is also their NetPC guy.

..