rules of the per-system agreement ..
- Subject: rules of the per-system agreement ..
- From: Doug Mentohl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 20:24:54 +0100
- Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
- Organization: Datemas.de http://www.datemas.de
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061023 SUSE/2.0-30
- Xref: ellandroad.demon.co.uk comp.os.linux.advocacy:515284
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 1998 10:18 PM
To: Pete Peter
Cc: Steven Roseta; Michael Dwan
Subject: OEM Communications Bulletin: IMG PGL Updated
* Royalty amounts are expressed in US $ Dollars
* Pricing is based on a one year volume agreement
* Pricing is "per-system" only. Prices herein are for Microsoft
application products shipped in combination with an OEM's defined PC
systems on a per-system basis. A Per-system agreement is a license in
which all units of a particular OEM model name and/or number are
licensed and a royalty is due for the MS product whenever that
particular model is shipped ..
* Applications may not be licensed to OEMs that are known to be unbundlers.
Applications licenses may not be offered to OEMs with a history of
unbundling for a minimum of twelve months and require OEM director
approval. Licenses may not be offered to OEMs that are under
investigation for unbundling until the investigation is complete.
court documents in the case of Comes v Microsoft.