the IBM trojan horse and the PC Company ..
- Subject: the IBM trojan horse and the PC Company ..
- From: Doug Mentohl <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 20:48:54 +0100
- Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
- Organization: Datemas.de http://www.datemas.de
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061023 SUSE/2.0-30
- Xref: ellandroad.demon.co.uk comp.os.linux.advocacy:515296
From MArshall Goldberg
Sent: Saturday, MArch 14, 1998 12:23 PM
To: Bob Gomulkiewicz (LCA)
Cc: Tod Nielsen; Brad Chase; Morris Beton; Marc Kuperstein; Jim Allchin
(Exchange); Mike Nash; Paul Maritz; Bill Gates
Subject: Lotus perceptions from the meeting today - Attorney/Client
We were given eSuite literature by Noah. Suite is clearly a development
platform; not just an office suite. With the IBM OC Company putting
Domino on their servers as a trojan horse , eSuite rounds out the "new"
IBM platform strategy.
Lotus is now the center of IBM's platform competition with Microsoft and
must not receive platform information from us any longer without a new
disclosure agreement being put in place. There is just too much evidence
from our wanderings and discussions at Lotus that IBM corporate people
are working side-by-sire with Lotus people. In that circumstance, in my
view, there is no way Lotus can properly protect our IP. With Lotus' new
mission, we need to be certain not to pass to them features of COM+ and
other new technologies for them to incorporate within their platform
environment. They should not be invited to any more COM+ design previews.
court documents in the case of Comes v Microsoft.