Compaq going to bundle OS/2 - bad ..
- Subject: Compaq going to bundle OS/2 - bad ..
- From: Doug Mentohl <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:51:19 +0100
- Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
- Organization: Datemas.de http://www.datemas.de
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061023 SUSE/2.0-30
- Xref: ellandroad.demon.co.uk comp.os.linux.advocacy:516895
From: bjornh Fri Oct 6 14:22:51 1989
To: billg; jancl; joachimk; richab; richardf; russw; steveb
Subject: Compaq and Windows - bad news
Cc: jeremybu; paulm
Date: Fri Oct 6 14:22:30 1989
After pushing these guys for about two years they finally have decided
what to do about windows - nothing!
They will support it and make sure it runs on thir h/w, but they will
not license it.
The reason for this is OS/2. As Compaq expressed in the last executive
meeting, they have decided that OS/2 is their strategic direction. They
are even talking about bundling OS/2 2.0. To make OS/2 the OS of choice
they need the support of the ISVs. Compaq is concerned that the ISVs are
confised right now. They feel that Compaq endorsing Windows would only
add to the confusion and divert energy away from OS/2.
I will do my best to come up with a strategy that would change their
minds, but the chances for doing that are looking pretty bad.
court documents in the case of Comes v Microsoft.