changes to master

I took master down for about a half hour this afternoon, and did a bit of
cleanup.  There is more RAM installed now, and the problem with the SCSI tape
drive has been resolved.  Since that time, I've gotten my first successful
complete tape backup of the system to the local drive.

I've got a faster CPU on order for the machine, so sometime next week I'll
take it down again for a half hour or so to install the upgrade.  Other than
that, I believe the machine to be stable.  Please report any unexpected
behavior.

I'll be at the FSF conference this weekend, but I'll have an email engine
(can't think of a less offensive way to describe a sub-notebook with Windows
95 on it) in tow...

Bdale