Re: FTP Home...

On Thu, 01 Feb 1996 12:53:07 PST, Simon Shapiro <shimon@i-Connect.Net> said:

> I am sorry I lost Bruce's message about my offer to host an ftp
> server.  Basically, my offer still stands. I am not limiting the
> bandwidth to 64K.  I am just wondering out loud if someone has any
> idea what it takes.  Something as simple as the number of
> connections, files transferred, at, say, 4 hours intervals, or even
> daily.
> I appologize again for losing that mail message with the name of my
> ``competitor'', but i am sure he must have the same concerns (unless
> he has free $2,000/month for a T1.
> As I am a principle of my company, I can ``guarantee'' the service
> stability.  Maybe we should figure this one out.

The readers of debian-private will have no idea what you are talking
about since neither Bruce nor Ian forwarded your message to
debian-private.  I did not forward it there because the situation was
volatile and there would be no point in doing so if Bruce and Ian
still wanted to work things out with Matt.

BTW, your proposal is attached below.  I reformatted it.  XF-Mail is
really not ready for prime time.  :-(  The messages I get from you are
often mangled.

--Mike