Re: FTP Home...

On 01-Feb-96 Bruce Perens wrote:
> > > I appologize again for losing that mail message with the name of my
> > ``competitor'', but i am sure he must have the same concerns (unless he
> > has free $2,000/month for a T1.
>
> Simon,
>
> I would take up both your offer and the offer from Ean Schuessler
> <ean@dallas-cs-000.novare.net> . I would also take up any other offers
> that come along, as I think having a lot of sites prevents any one site
> from being overwhelmed and gives us protection from being disrupted when a
> site drops out. I think the major question today is which site should be
> the one that mirrors master.debian.org , and who mirrors who all the way
> down the line. If you and Ean and Bdale can work that out between you that
> would be just fine.
>
> 	Thanks
>
> 	Bruce
> --
> Bruce Perens <Bruce@Pixar.com> Pixar Animation Studios
> Toy Story: > US$177M domestic box office receipts and an Oscar so far.

Sorry for the delay.  I have no problem with either the www or mirroring master.
I can do them both.  Whoever mirros me is welcome.

I think two or even three mirros to master are wise, as a single one is a SPOF.

Sincerely Yours,
                           (Sent on 02/08/96, 15:36:21)
Simon Shapiro              i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
Shimon@i-Connect.Net       13455 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140 Beaverton OR 97008