Re: Guidelines docs on ftp.debian.org.

Nikhil Nair <nn201@cus.cam.ac.uk> said:

> Bill Mitchell wrote:
>
> Can we target this
> > Friday for concluding the discussion?
>
> Umm ... are you tal7as under the impression that both had petered out ...
> and the only change being discussed that I can remember was whether the
> revision field should be compulsory - my impression was that you wanted
> it to be but most people disagreed.  Did I miss out on something?

I was talking about debian-private.  I hadn't planned a protracted
discussion period for debian-devel, but rather just to upload the
replacement dchanges package with information in the package announcement
that it involves some minor package file naming and processing changes.

I think the only issue still open is the one about requiring -revision
parts in package names.  Some people questioned this, I provided backup
reasoning, and discussion sort of petered out.

If anyone has more to say, please speak up.