Re: debian-bugs mirror updates

Bruce Perens writes ("Re:  debian-bugs mirror updates"):
> It turns out the DNS is not screwed up, master.debian.org responds to
> two different IP numbers. It works fine, and the "mirror" and "upload"
> logins are working. I don't know about your personal login.
> Did you log in and reset your password from the one Simon assigned you?

It seems to be working somewhat better now; I might try reenabling the
cron uploader.  However, my nameserver still has an old copy of the
zone, because the serial number on the new primary is still wrong.
I'm also still getting mail bounces from master's secondary MX,
hpcsos.col.hp.com (which should really just be an MX for the old
master).  I see no evidence that there are two IP addresses; it's
likely that one of the ones you're seeing is just a cached value.

chiark:project> host -t mx master.debian.org
master.debian.org       MX      10 master.debian.org
master.debian.org       MX      100 hpcsos.col.hp.com
chiark:project> host -t soa debian.org
debian.org              SOA     master.debian.org bdale.debian.org (
                        96031201        ;serial (version)
                        10800   ;refresh period (3 hours)
                        3600    ;retry interval (1 hour)
                        604800  ;expire time (1 week)
                        86400   ;default ttl (1 day)
                        )
chiark:project> host -t soa debian.org 206.139.73.12
debian.org              SOA     cartridge.i-Connect.Net mike.cartridge.i-Connect.Net (
                        9603070 ;serial (version)
                        3600    ;refresh period (1 hour)
                        3600    ;retry interval (1 hour)
                        3600000 ;expire time (5 weeks, 6 days, 16 hours)
                        72000   ;default ttl (20 hours)
                        )
chiark:project> host -t a master.debian.org
master.debian.org       A       206.139.73.161
chiark:project>