Re: dchanges and changes file format

Me:
> If you insist on parse-able filenames, please use "=" instead of "--".
> Either one is equally ugly, the first is shorter and easier to type.

David:
> Emphasis on ugly.  In case it's not clear, I don't care for either
> option.

I don't care for them either. I really was only half-seriously
considering going back to foo.deb, I don't think the status quo
is so bad.

Me:
> For architectures, a single letter should be used. Can someone tell us
> again please what letters they are using for Red Hat?

David:
> Uh, the architecture designation is only needed on the .deb file,
> right?

Yes, and there's a somewhat-more-verbose "Architecture: " field in the
control file. We really only need the architecture letters in the upload
directory and in the directory where packages are built, we can strip
them off when we move stuff into the archive.

Pixar's "Toy Story", at greater than $184,200,000 in domestic box office
receipts, is the #1 movie released in 1995!