RE: New Master.Debian.Org

Hi Raul Miller;  On 21-Mar-96 you wrote:
> > Simon Shapiro:
>  >       e.  echo "`pwd`/Maildir/" >> .qmail
>  >       f.  echo '|/var/qmail/bin/forward me@my.regular.address' >> .qmail
>
> Just a few comments:
>
> First, thanks for setting up this machine.  [And, would you say it's a
> good idea to put an @master.debian.org email address in future
> packages?]

You are all welcome.  i start blushing here (at my age it looks funny :-)
Actually, a better idea is developer@debian.org.  That works too.

> Secondly, the above steps configure the system so that mail
> @master.debian.org is archived in Maildir and forwarded.  Is this your
> intention?  [This might be a good thing if you have the space to
> archive all such email.]

Not exactly.  It is immediately forwarded.  Only if the forwarding breaks
down somehow, it will store in Maildir.  Sort of a safety vent.
Things that are sitting in the queue are not in Maildir.

> Third, when qmail gets out of beta, it's likely that
> /var/qmail/bin/forward will be replaced by some other path.  Not much
> you can do about that right now, but forewarned is half an octopus.

Supposedly, you can just put &me@where.i.want.it should also work.

Sincerely Yours,
                           (Sent on 03/20/96, 20:27:39)
Simon Shapiro              i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
Shimon@i-Connect.Net       13455 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140 Beaverton OR 97008