Re: Call for votes

>>>>> "Bruce" == Bruce Perens <bruce@pixar.com> writes:

<Bruce> I would like all members of the debian-private list to vote YES - let's
<Bruce> collaborate with FSF, or NO let's not.

There must be a way of "paying" GNU/FSF back without submitting
ourselves to RMS' will.

I think that both Debian/Linux and GNU/FSF would benefit from this
partnership, but we can not go on when our partner says publicly that
Linux is not an OS (he could not say that to the public, even if he is
strictly and technically right). At least we have a kernel.

Unstriped binaries is a bad idea (a user that can use a debug must be
able to do a "./debian.rules CFLAGS=-g LDFLAGS="!); HTML (or SGML) is
there and we can't pretend that FSF makes all the software we need.

I think one of the reasons that make free software have a higher
quality than commercial is that programmers put their best convictions
on it (see the GNU Manifesto!). People cannot make good things if they
don't believe/like what they are doing.

So, NO.

Emilio. (Just my HO)

--