Re: Installation

> 1.  I have a scsi bernoulli disk on my system, with removeable
>     cartridges.  Having no cartridge on the drive causes error
>     messages during a normal linux boot which I've come to
>     expect.  During the 1.1 install procedure, I saw these
>     messages multiple times, between install steps.

I think I'd eventually like to divert the console output and present
it in a separate window. Dialog has a tail-window widget that might
work for that. It's not going to make it to 1.1, I suspect.

> 2.  The install interaction doesn't all use dialog(1).  It'd
>    look cleaner if it did.  The timezone selection interaction
>    is an obvious example.

I have since rewritten the module part to use dialog. The time zone
may not be rewritten in time for 1.1 - the network part will be.

> 3.  On initial reboot to the installed system, there's no hint
>    to the installer that he ought to log in as root.

I agree that this message gets lost, and there's an easy way for me
to fix it.

> 4.  /etc/termcap is present.  /usr/lib/terminfo is not present.

I think I took care of this for the next disk set.

5.  /etc/terminfo is a broken symlink to ../usr/lib/terminfo.

Again, I think it's already taken care of.

--
Pixar Animation Studios: Reality is not our business.
Pixar's "Toy Story" $184,592,498 domestic, $49 million overseas and counting.