master.debian.org DNS and problems with internic

(This is some very technical DNS discussion.  Feel free to skip it if
you're not a DNS admin (-:.)

It seems that the Internic are still being useless.  I presume that
attempts to wrest their data round to the right thing are continuing.

I'd like to make a suggestion: could the internic be given the name
`ns0.debian.org', with the same IP# as master ?  This would mean that
if something similar (master moving) happens again we won't be stuck
with the nic giving out a bad address for one of our important service
machines, but only for the nameserver.

Ie, if we were then to change master.debian.org to have a different
IP#, and they took a while updating their data, they'd be giving out a
bogus address for ns0.debian.org which would simply mean that people's
nameservers would try another server.  At the moment they're giving
out a bogus address for master.debian.org, which people's resolvers
believe and try to use.

This situation has only happened because our primary nameserver is
also an important machine for us in other respects and because we've
told them the `real' name for the IP# in question.  If we'd given them
an extra name which was only used in this context the situatioon would
be a lot less confusing for computers and people :-).

Note of course that giving the internic a CNAME is not allowed, so you
have to add
 ns0.debian.org.   IN      A       206.139.73.161
rather than
 ns0.debian.org.   IN      CNAME   master.debian.org
(which even if it was allowed would require them to keep a copy of the
A record for master.debian.org, precisely what I'm trying to avoid).

Thanks,
Ian.