Re: Recent disk set

On Fri, 5 Apr 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:

<bunch of stuff deleted>

> > On booting up the new system, everything went fine till dselect. When I
> > tried to get dselect to mount my CD it failed to mount /dev/scd0 because
> > the kernel has no iso9660 support! When I tried to load it as a module, I
> > found that it wasn't there! lsmod shows no modules presently loaded.
>
> Is it not under /lib/modules/<kernel-version>/fs ? The next disk set has
> the "modconf" package to help you deal with modules.

Well, the kernel version is 1.3.73. There are /lib/modules/1.3.65 and
/lib/modules/1.3.73, although the .65 path has a full compliment of
module directories, .73 only has a zero length modules.dep file. I tried
a kernel of my own, moving the modules into the correct place but got
lots of errors and very few modules loaded. What more than
/lib/modules/..... is necessary to set up a kernel compiled elsewhere?

TIA,

Dwarf