libc includes vs. kernel includes

Bruce, David: I don't think your discussion (as can be seen from here)
is particularly constructive at the moment.

I think that in the long run it would be a very good idea to do away
with this kernel include files mess.  _If_ current kernels don't
support it because they're confused about which header files to
include in which parts (eg programs to run while building the kernel
vs. the kernel itself) then we may want to back off the change.

Bruce, you seem to be very violently opposed to this change.  Can you
explain why ?  David seems to find that he is able to compile kernels
with this scheme, though I can imagine that it may be more difficult
to compile 1.2.13.

David: I don't think that throwing the libc package at Bruce is a
particularly constructive way forward.  I understand that you feel
strongly about this, but perhaps it would be better to allow both of
you to address the issues.

If I may consider the technical issue for a moment, I'd like to point
out that compiling kernel A with the libc headers (from, say, kernel
B) installed as David wants them is no different from compiling kernel
A with kernel B installed as /usr/src/linux.  This has worked for some
time now ...

Ian.