Re: Copyright response from Pine Development

Raul Miller:
> Personally, I dislike the very concept of attacking a person for their
> views.  I much, much prefer to attack their views.

Raul,

I _can't_ attack Richard's views because I don't have a problem with
them. What I do have a problem with is _all_ personal stuff about Richard.

1. Micromanagement. Richard does not trust us to decide what is best for
   the system. This is why you see these fiats from afar - nonstripped
   executables, X must be mandatory, etc. Richard has never run our
   system but is _absolutely_ sure he can design it better than we can,
   even at a distance, after we've spent 3 years at the task.

2. Unwillingness to take the other viewpoint. I've never gotten a
   "OK, you're right" or a "I'll drop that issue" or "I would like that
   but I can do without it" or anything in that vein from him.

3. All-or-nothing behavior. He seems to be unable to accept winning
   _most_ of what he wants - it has to be _all_ or he says there can't
   be an agreement.

4. Obsessiveness and unwillingness to prioritize. This is generally
   manifested by Richard fixating on a small technical point to the
   exclusion of more important issues.

5. Highly undiplomatic behavior. The "Linux is not an operating system"
   flap he made on the linux-kernel list did not gain him anything, it
   just made him new enemies. Why, then, did he do it?

6. Unwillingness to let go. Richard's been FSF President for 12 years.
   The FSF board wants him to take the Chief Scientist position and let
   someone with a more level head lead, but he won't trust anyone else to
   lead FSF.

Perhaps now you can understand my quandry. None of this has much to
do with his views, which I for the most part support.

Is this any clearer, Raul? Do you think this is related to his views?
Am I way off base?

I really need your support in dealing with FSF and I don't think I'll
get it if you don't understand the problem I'm having.

	Thanks

"Excusing bad programming is a shooting offense, no matter _what_ the