Re: An alternative response to the FSF situation

In message <m0uCIr2-0007hMC@mongo.pixar.com>, Bruce Perens writes:
>There is an alternative response we could make to the FSF
>situation. We could make Richard Stallman technical director of the
>Debian project. Then he'd have to deal with its problems first
>hand. If enough of you feel an FSF relationship is important enough to
>merit this, I will step aside and hand the mantle to RMS.

<IRONY>I would hate to have to move to RedHat at this point, since
I've spent a lot of time working with/on Debian.</IRONY>

I would not continue to work on Debian if the the reins were handed
over to someone who is an outsider, with no direct experience at all
with the project, just because he happens to be RMS.

I mean, does he even know how to install a package on a Debian system?

Let him work on the project like all us other grunts and earn
everyones respect, and then we can consider promoting him.

Mike.
--
"Don't let me make you unhappy by failing to be contrary enough...."