Relax! Things are normal again

Thanx for all the sympathy and patience in this last Warez incident.

It appears that it is all well contained and under control now.
There is no detectable loss of data and most thieves and their customers
have left us alone now.

The damage was all contained in a small group of directories, in the public
FTP area.  We did not detect any loss of data.

There was no attack visible in the Debian archive nor in customers data.

We saw no infiltration of any host other than master.debian.org (primer).

We saw many root password attempts, many attacks against cartridge (our DNS
server), quite few bad IP addresses, few fake DNS and some IP spoofing attempts.

We appear to have survived it.

What I cannot understand (I accept none of this thievery!), is why would anyone
want to steal and then illegally distribute copies of Windoze NT version 4 :-)

We continue to monitor all traffic, we log each and every FTP, telnet, rlogin
attempt and more.  Please do your part and do not walk down the street with
your wallet open and $100 bills flapping in the wind...

Sincerely Yours,           (Sent on 05/01/96, 14:15:23 by XF-Mail)

Simon Shapiro
Director of Technology     i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
Shimon@i-Connect.Net       13455 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140 Beaverton OR 97008