Re: mirror problems

Michael Meskes writes ("Re: mirror problems"):
> Also I wonder why all the files that have been uploaded (well at least they
> are in alldone) via chiark do not have a revision field. I didn't see any
> announcement of these files either. But apparently chiark was able to
> connect to master.

The Revision control file field was phased out a month or two ago;
it's still supported by dpkg &c, but you shouldn't use it any more.

chiark is able to connect to master because it's very very persistent.
It tries each file every two hours for a period of about 24 hours, so
that if there are a dozen files to be uploaded it will make hundreds
of connection attempts ...

Isn't cron marvellous.

Ian.