Re: ARCHIVE MAINTENANCE

> OK, I'm doing OK moving files into place and so on---I was going from tbe
> beginning of the list for a while, then I decided it made more sense to
> work from most important to least.
>
> Now, what I need to know is whether anyone is aware of any scripts or the
> like that have to get run by hand in order to insure the correctness of
> the archive---for instance, what things update the Packages files and the
> links for MS-DOS, and do I need to run them, or are they set to go off
> automatically?

I believe updating the Packages file and msdos links are done
automatically by cron jobs.  Does anyone know if they should be run
manually?  Besides that, all you should have to do is verify that the
uploads are complete and correct (i.e. all files listed in the
.changes file are found and the checksums match), move the new files
into place and remove the old ones (I assume Simon makes nightly
backups in case we really screw something up).

> This info, plus anything else pertinent you can think to mention, would
> make your humble (and *temporary*) archive maintainer very happy.

Sorry.  I'm still trying to reach Carl.

David