Re: Addition to the list of virtual package names

Hi,
>>"David" == David Engel <david@elo.ods.com> writes:

David> This is where I disagree.  The kernel headers provided in
David> libc5-dev are serve a totally different purpose from those in a
David> would be kernel-headers package (virtual or not).  If the
David> kernel headers in libc5-dev are sufficient for some particular
David> package, it should simply depend on libc5-dev.  However, if
David> that package needs headers from a specific kernel, it should
David> explicitly depend on that specific kernel.  Now if you think
David> there are cases where someone will only want the headers from a
David> kernel without the rest of the source, then by all means
David> continue to make a separate kernel-headers package.

	I see. I think, then, I'd provide kernel-headers in the next
 set of scripts (I noticed that Simon over-rode me deletion of kernel
 headers for the latest 1.3.100 packages), and downgrade it's priority
 to extra.  Anyone else has any comments?

	manoj
--
No one is fit to be trusted with power. ... No one. ... Any man who
has lived at all knows the follies and wickedness he's capable