Re: ftp.debian.org changes

> Wouldn't it be better to service mirror sites from master?

I've actually been trying to de-centralize the mirror organization. There
are a few sites that are second-level mirrors of BNL, a few that mirror
European sites, etc.

Also, I don't want to have 60 sites hanging off of i-connect.net - Simon
and Mike have been very generous about our access to that site, and I'd prefer
not to abuse that - we are already using far more service than they originally
offered.

> That would presumably halve the propagation delay from master to the
> mirrors.

Propogation delay from mirror to mirror is not as much a problem as mirror
connectivity. mirror.debian.org could run an hourly mirror if necessary, as
could other first-level mirror sites.

> Another possiblity is fsp.  It's far superior to anon ftp in my
> opinion. More people should use it.

Yes, but it is very little deployed and that's not our fight.
I was thinking about a CGI script that would help the user get to their
local mirror site(s). Can anyone show me the full text of an HTTP
re-direction that I could send from my CGI script? I'd rather not plow
through the HTTP document just for that.

	Thanks

	Bruce