RE: master and ftp.debian.org

Hi Dale Scheetz;  On 21-May-96 you wrote:

> Master is unavailable to me this morning, so I tried ftp.debian.org, with
> no luck. The machine is there, but it is not accepting anonymous ftp. I
> was not surprised when my account on master failed to work.
> I guess that since ftp.debian.org is the first mirror for master, that the
> only ftp is done through a mirror account. If I had that account password,
> I suspect that the correct thing for me to do would still be to go to a
> first mirror of debian.
> Can someone post a list of the mirrors that directly mirror
> ftp.debian.org?
>
> TIA,
>
> Dwarf
>
> ------------                                          --------------
>
> aka   Dale Scheetz                   Phone:   1 (904) 877-0257
>       Flexible Software              Fax:     NONE
>       Black Creek Critters           e-mail:  dwarf@polaris.net
>
> ------------ If you don't see what you want, just ask --------------

Although I do not wish to keep downtime on master a secret, posting it here
is not the most effective way to correrct the situation.
I receive HUGE amount of mail every day.  Much of it, including ALL mailing
lests gets processed automatically.  I read Debian-Private once a day, most
of the time.  Typically after most of the urgent work is done.

If you cannot reach master, mail ME DIRECTLY as shimon@i-Connect.Net.  I take
downtime very seriously and repair it quickly if I know about it.

So, please report all master downtime directly to me, with CC to whoever if
that is what you want.

Last night master did not crash!  I am so happy! :-)

Sincerely Yours,           (Sent on 05/24/96, 09:11:39 by XF-Mail)

Simon Shapiro              i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
Director of Technology     13455 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140 Beaverton OR 97008
Shimon@i-Connect.Net       Voice:  503.677.2900, Emergency: 503.441.1681