Good Times on Master.Debian.Org

Hi All,

This is a short not to all, as master is still an expensive pile of junk...

I swapped the hardware between nomis and master, in the hope of stabilizing
master.  We now KNOW, it is NOT a hardware problem!  The disk crashes are
gone (some careful patches to the kernel and special firmware on the DPT
did it.

As you can see master is still down.

I upgraded it too to Debian 1.1 - Big mistake!!!

I really do not have the time to list it all now but suffice to say
it crashes when standing still, with every imaginary excuse.
The installation of debian 1.1 was another nightmare - just a collection of
small problems, all fixable when you have 3-4 machines with source trees.

Right now, just when I was ready to go on-line with master, Linux 2.0.0
gets more oopses and freeing unallocated buffers than possibe to even log
to disk.

Please be patirnt with us.  I have been here 20 hours a day since Wednesday.
There is nothing to do, except be patient and hope someone in the Linux
kernel elite club starts paying attention.

Simon