Mirrors of ftp.debian.org using normal "ftp"

Hi Everyone.

Just thouyght it might be of interest to note the following sites mirroring
our distribution as the "ftp" user instead of having proper mirror accounts.

ftp        836  0.3  1.8  1012   568  ?  S    09:44   1:04 -ledru-rollin.univ-evry.fr: anonymous/-mirror@univ-evry.fr: RETR buzz/binary-i386/net/nis-1.20-1.deb
ftp       6281  0.0  1.8  1012   568  ?  S    13:39   0:01 -caldera.com: anonymous/ftpmaster@caldera.com: LIST -lRat
ftp       6753  0.4  1.8  1008   560  ?  S    14:17   0:05 -sunsite.ust.hk: anonymous/mirror@sunsite.ust.hk: RETR project/experimental/shadow_960530-1_m68k.deb
ftp      23276  0.0  1.8  1012   564  ?  S    23:21   0:44 -askhp.ask.uni-karlsruhe.de: anonymous/ftpadm@ftp.ask.uni-karlsruhe.de: RETR buzz/source/devel/aout-gcc-2.6.3-13.tar.gz
ftp      29008  0.0  1.8  1012   568  ?  S    04:50   0:15 -jcowan.reslife.okstate.edu: anonymous/ftpadmin@hermit.reslife.okstate.edu: RETR Incoming/csh_5.26-3.changes

Now while I don't think they're "official" mirrors, would it not be a good
idea to contact these people, see if they are indeed mirroring the whole thing,
and if they are ask them if they'd like to become an official one so that we
can expand our sites a little?

Also the fact remains that there is a limit of 10 anonymous ftp sessions to
the machine and having these ones sucking the bandwidth when we can't use
them to their full potential is rather depressing :-)

...Karl
--
Karl Ferguson,
Tower Networking Pty Ltd (ACN: 072 322 760)          karl@tower.net.au