debian@debian.org address

I posted regarding two issues a couple of weeks ago, the lack of an
address to contact Debian for official responses to security issues,
and nobody reading email going to debian@debian.org.

We seem to have resolved the first issue, as I saw by a test mail, by
establishing the address security@debian.org which forwards to
debian-private.  Has someone (Bruce) contacted the Linux Security
people telling them to use this address?

Mail to debian@debian.org is still going unanswered, and there's 141k
of it.

I finally found where this address was advertised, on the web site main
page as an <address> field.  I suspect some of the mail is web issues.
Some of it is probably general questions.

I suggest that the address on the web site should be
web-admin@debian.org or mbailey@debian.org.

debian@debian.org should be answered automatically with a message
directing the user to a more appropriate place.  I volunteer to set
this up (as it'll take about 5 minutes) if a consensus is agreed on.

Guy