../tex/* completely messed up

I wanted to let developers know that the tex directory seems to be
completely messed up.  Nils' packages have, I guess, been updated or
changed, but in the process there seems to have been a complete loss
of conflict information and just general disorder.

I tried installing this new set, and it no conflicts were made between
any of the packages, yet there seemed to be numerous cases of
different packages overwriting each others files, dpkg scrolled many
lines of such information, fonts being overridden (like between
texpsfnt and psnfss) were what caught my eye the most (some other
errors may simple be directories, I'm not sure).  texlib seemed to
have conflicts with many packages.  And when babel tried to initex the
new formats, it started generating multi-megabyte error logs, I think
in one case it was missing something called manfnt.fnt, which I
couldn't find anywhere.

Could the different tex-related package maintainers coordinate among
themselves whether or not their package has a problem with other
packages?

Jim