Re: packages with nasty names

   cc: debian-private@lists.debian.org
   Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 07:56:25 -0400

   On the one hand, I think we all find word-policing distasteful.  On the
   other hand, it could be asked what benefit the author sees in using that
   name.  Seems to me like a Howard Stern approach to software marketing --
   it has more potential to make a splash than a contribution.

   Susan Kleinmann

I agree with Susan, Guy, and Dale.  Whether or not the change gets made in
this case, eventually we'll have things that people will object to (e.g.,
sex(1), 'fortune -o', the Bible verse package, etc.), and we need to have some
kind of foundation for not caving in to this kind of Grundyism.

--Mike