more sendmail holes

>From snowcrash.cymru.net!alan Tue Sep 17 04:50:26 1996
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 12:25:27 +0100
From: Alan Cox <alan@cymru.net>
To: ewt@redhat.com
Subject: Sendmail
Cc: bruce@pixar.com, bs@suse.de, mark@wgs.com, ron@caldera.com

Seems best I send you this as is, but I've chopped some bits out to be safe
replies to me ASAP please

Cert writes:

This afternoon, Eric Allman put additional patches into version 8.7.6. These
address additional buffer overflows whose exploitation have come to his
attention. The changes were already in 8.8, and he has backported them to
8.7.6.

revise the advisory quickly when we receive updated information from you.  We
will try to revise information in Appendix A the same day hear from you, and
we will certainly update the advisory no later than 48 hours after we receive
your new information.

in sendmail that affects all versions (including 8.6 and 8.7, through 8.7.5).
By exploiting the first these vulnerabilities, users who have local accounts
can gain access to the default user, which is often daemon. By exploiting the
second of these vulnerabilities, any local user can gain root access.

     There are two vulnerabilities in all versions of sendmail up to and
     including sendmail 8.7.5. The first vulnerability is a resource starvation
     problem and the second is a buffer overflow problem.

     Resource Starvation
	XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

     Buffer Overflows
     There are several buffer overflows present in sendmail 8.7.5 and earlier.
     Some of the buffer overflows could result in local users gaining
     unauthorized root access on a machine.