Re: Package announcements changes.

Lars Wirzenius wrote:

> Nikhil Nair:
> > On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> > > Or even better: a RedistibutionPolicy: header in the .deb file,
> > > which could have values 'free',  'non-free' and 'contrib',
> > > thus unifying the whole Debian tree.
> >
> > In the middle term I think your idea is excellent.
>
> I disagree. It's important to be able to see whether a package is
> free, contrib or non-free just by the location. Maintaining ftp
> mirrors becomes a nightmare otherwise.

I think the best could be to keep the distinction between free, non-free
and contrib, but moving them under stable and unstable, as someone else
suggested earlier.

I want only to add   non-US   to this tree, obviously empty in the
States, with a readme file pointing users to the other sites.

Fabrizio
| e-mail: fpolacco@megabaud.fi    fpolacco@debian.org         |
| http://megabaud.fi/~fpolacco/   Join the UKI Linux Project! |
| fingerprint 70 1A 72 2D 2B C8 A5 63 7A C2 CC E0 2A 54 AE DA |
| finger: fpolacco@megabaud.fi    fpolacco@master.debian.org  |