Re: Package announcements changes.

Bruce Perens wrote:
:
: The policy manual needs edits for a few things. The upload announcement
: policy, the people to send to when you are a new maintainer
: (it's now new-maintainer@debian.org), etc. Want to volunteer?

Ok, since I've had my hands on dpkg already, I'd do it.  But my English
is somewhat broken ... any voluntaries to cooperate with?

For short:

        uploads for buzz (stable)              -> announcement to : ?
        uploads for rex (unstable)             -> announcement to : ?
        uploads for experimental (unstable)    -> announcement to : ?
        uploads for contrib (stable/unstable)  -> annoouncemnt to : ?
        uploads for non-free (stable/unstable) -> annoouncemnt to : ?

Information about a changed maintainer (or new upcoming maintainer?)
goes to: new-maintainer@debian.org ?

Where to get info about current package / maintanance status
(sr1@inf.tu-dresden.de? any alias at debian.org?)

Bruce, could you clarify the abovae, please?

And, if there's no voluntary, I'd change it myself and would ask you,
Bruce, to proofread it ... ?

    Heiko
--
email : heiko@lotte.sax.de heiko@debian.org heiko@sax.de
pgp   : A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92