Re: New Package: defrag 0.6-1

Christoph Lameter <clameter@waterf.org> writes:

> What is so unusual about it? Some other packages do the same.
> Syslinux comes to my mind for example.  Some packages you just
> cannot build on your machine.  I have to trust everyone who submits
> package to Debian to have included binaries that work.

I think we can trust the Syslinux author (H. Peter Anvin).  First of
all, I understand he fixed some problems specifically for Debian.  And
second, I know where to find him.  :-)

And putting Syslinux into contrib is not a good idea.  It should be
okay to include binaries from "trusted sources" if they can't be
easily compiled by the Debian maintainer.

--
Daniel Quinlan                  http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan
quinlan@pathname.com            quinlan@transmeta.com (at work)