Re: Definition of "free" (was: New Package: defrag 0.6-1)

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

"Brian C. White":
> Actually, you are correct.  Pointing out flaws in my English does
> not change what you know I meant, though.

Sorry. I didn't mean to weaken your argument by point out
flaws in the English -- just wanted to be clear about what you
meant. English being my third language, and this being partially
about what words mean, I wanted to be careful.

(I'm not responding to the rest of your points. As I said,
I'm happy with the current division into main/contrib/non-free,
and I've had this discussion enough times already in the past
five yesr. I don't mind if everyone else continues it, but if
and when I feel like elaborating on this again, I'll write an
essay and put it on display somewhere. Please don't take offence
at this. I'm just tired, stressed, underfed, and emotionally
instable at the moment. As Bruce hopefully know, I'm really,
really angry about something in the Linux community in general
at the moment (nothing to do with Debian), and I haven't been
able to calm down after sleeping on it twice.  And my mail has
been bouncing for no reason at all. And my studies are going
lousy. And I still can't handle falling in love with one of
best friends I have.  I don't want to lose a perfect friend,
but I can't help reacting to her being just about exactly my
dream girl.)

(If I was American, I'd go to a shrink. If I was a Finnish speaking
Finn, I'd drink myself unconscious. Being a Swedish speaking Finn,
I don't have any role models, and I'm getting tired of ice cream.
I think I'll go sleep, go eat, go think, and hopefully come to
some useful conclusion about something.)

(This concludes this weeks' spilling of personal problems to
mailing lists. Our regular arrogancy will continue next week.
Have fun until then.)