Re: paying our bills

I have a couple of thoughts on this:

0.  What kind of money (per month) are we talking about here?

1.  What about the idea of having some of us pay for our I-Connect accounts?
("some" meaning roughly "those who can afford it are strongly encouraged to")
I have actually considered doing this on my own, simply because I could use a
non-educational Web page, mail drop, etc., and it seemed like a way to support
these people that are supporting Debian.  This income could be earmarked as
having to do with Debian, so we could see the extent to which it helps out
with (0) above.

2.  Re Linux International not getting a lot of donations, the problem IMO is
that the fund looks stagnant to anyone perusing the www.li.org Web page.  The
info that's there makes it look like there hasn't been a donation or new grant
in over a year.  As a potential contributor, this is not what I want to see.
What I want to see is an up-to-date list of these items, and some grant status
reports (say an informal one word/$ every six months) as to what the money is
being spent on.  (Please don't construe this is a knock on LI--they're doing
great work that needs doing, and for free.)

I'm not sure LI should be written off completely, either.  Isn't there some
way they could use their tax-free status to accept Debian donations, and then
grant the money to us?

3.  I don't make a huge amount of money (Bruce probably has a swimming pool in
his bathroom ;-), but in the end I'm willing to cough up to make Debian
happen.  The key for me is showing that there is a need, and that my money
will be spent efficiently.

--Mike

--
Mike Coleman                                  http://ctr.cstp.umkc.edu/~coleman
  The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.  After that, it's all learned.