Re: Proposed: a debian-policy list

Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.queensu.ca writes:

> I would love to have a "debian-policy" _announcement_ list. Ie, where
> conclusive messages summing up the discussions on debian-devel can be posted.
> Unfortunately, this relies on yet another volunteer to do it ... so I better
> dream on.

No, it's simple!

There already is a debian-devel-announce which Bruce created with the
other few lists a month or so ago.  I don't think anyone is posting to
it yet.  One thing that should always go that list is the changelogs
for the policy and programmer's manuals.  You'd have to go read the
manuals to find the actual content.

> But I now know why, a headcount of about 120 or so developers notwitstanding,
> only 20 or 30 people really participate on debian-devel. I would be good to
> keep the remaining developers informed.

Could it be, could it be, everyone with an .edu domain? :)

Guy