Re: 1. RFD: Reorganization of the Debian Project

On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Syrus Nemat-Nasser wrote:

> > > And the dependency problem still is unresolved.
> >
> > I'll deal with the dependency problem. The other problems can
> > wait for 1.3 . I'm not sure some of them are really problems. For
> > example, _all_ X extensions _should_ be disabled until the user
> > chooses to add them. And the location of our server-root should not
> > change with every point release of X.
> >
> > > I'd say we just ruined our credibility completely.
> >
> > Bullshit.
>
> Absolutely agreed. I've got one machine running the new X for >24
> hours with no problems yet. I use the old fvwm and do everything my
> own way, but all my critical apps run just fine.

I've been running the new X 3.2 on my main home workstation for over a
week and the only annoyance is that the default xterm fonts are way to
small to use on my screen in anything but Huge mode.

This is only a cosmetic problem, though. Everything else seems to work
fine - no major problems, and i haven't noticed any minor ones (except
for the xterm font mentioned above).

The only hassle i encountered in the upgrade was having to run xf86config
again...but that was because a) i failed to plan properly and b) i wanted to
play with the new graphical X config toy.

btw: 486-100, 32mb, 2mb s3 trio64.

craig