Re: draft announcement

bruce@pixar.com (Bruce Perens) wrote:
>Here's a draft announcement for 1.2 . Please get changes to me before
>tomorrow morning. Someone please tell me what FTP sites are up to date!

Nitpick time... :-) (spelling, grammar, etc - simple errors really
grate when I see them.)

>   * Package system can upgrade to newer releases automaticaly via FTP!

automatically looks better to me :)

>retrieves packages from an FTP site automaticaly, or reads them from a disk

Ditto :)

>even the most professional. Debian's most important feature is it's
>package system. Red Hat has the only other package system with a

ARGH! "It's" == "It is". The possessive is "its". __PLEASE__! This one really
drives me nuts when I see it misused. (No, I don't read Usenet much these
days - why do you ask? :-)

>donate, so it's good advertising to make donations. Of course all CD

No problem with that one :)